Chanel Hot Stamp... Flaking??

That letter makes it seem like you've exchanged other items for this reason. I may have missed something or am reading it wrong. Either way though, I would be mad too ! I would want the logo to stay on the bag for more than a month for goodness sakes!
I get that things can't stay perfect forever but in 30 days, how many times could you have possibly worn this bag? 4/5 times and it's already wearing off doesn't seem right to me.
I would be upset too

That letter makes it seem like you've exchanged other items for this reason. I may have missed something or am reading it wrong. Either way though, I would be mad too ! I would want the logo to stay on the bag for more than a month for goodness sakes!
I get that things can't stay perfect forever but in 30 days, how many times could you have possibly worn this bag? 4/5 times and it's already wearing off doesn't seem right to me.
I would be upset too

Yes that’s correct. I bought a woc in Bangkok airport and used it once - the photos below are what the hotstamping looked like after ONE wear.

So they exchanged it for me after I sent it down to be looked at. The same thing has happened with my new woc (not to the extent of the previous woc, but still, it’s a £1700 product so I don’t expect anything to happen in a months careful usage) and now they’re telling me they did it out of goodwill and can’t keep exchanging things through “normal wear” . It’s been a month and I’ve seen vintage WOCs with their hot stamping still intact. IMG_3107.jpg

Yes that’s correct. I bought a woc in Bangkok airport and used it once - the photos below are what the hotstamping looked like after ONE wear.

So they exchanged it for me after I sent it down to be looked at. The same thing has happened with my new woc (not to the extent of the previous woc, but still, it’s a £1700 product so I don’t expect anything to happen in a months careful usage) and now they’re telling me they did it out of goodwill and can’t keep exchanging things through “normal wear” . It’s been a month and I’ve seen vintage WOCs with their hot stamping still intact. View attachment 4226699
Oh man :sad:
I'm sorry this is happening.

View attachment 4226674

This was their response?! I’m so angry! Have you spoken to anyone?
Wow, I’m surprised they’re refusing to exchange it for you. Especially since they claimed it was a manufacturing error before. What makes this time any different?? Are you going to contact the head of the department to try to get it exchanged?
Yes, I finally heard back from a sales associate, and he said that excessive flaking of the logo is not normal. He said I should exchange it! Unfortunately, however, they don’t have any WOCs in stock, so I have to wait. But he agreed that the logos shouldn’t flake like that.

i thought inwas the only one this happen to! i purchased the same cavier woc black sometime in august and noticed the samething with the stamping inside...i returned it and the sa that sold it to me was not there at the time but another sa said they had four wocs that just came in that weren’t checked yet in the back after being told by someone else there that there were no more. He brings out the four wocs and lets me choose which one. i picked the best one that the stamped wasn’t perfect to my liking but it was better than my original purchase (which was just like yours). anyway, i have not yet used the bag it has been in the box and dustbag exactly how it came bc upon getting home again i noticed the samething with the hotstamping the letters still have cuts in them and i’m wondering will it completely fade once i start using my woc?! i called customer service today to find out what can be done but was advised to call sa tomorrow. i’m wondering also will/can they restamp it as other than that the woc is fine. it just really bothers me that the stamp isn’t perfect as it should be.
Hello! I purchased a Chanel WOC about a month ago. I immediately noticed the Chanel logo that is hot stamped on the inside of the flap had cracks in it, but I just assumed it was because of the caviar leather. It is getting worse though. The gold from the hot stamp seems to be actually flaking off. The C on the right is halfway gone now, and I have found small specks of gold flakes in my bag. Does this seem normal to you all? I’ve only had this bag for a month, and I haven’t used it much, so I’m shocked by how fast the logo has deteriorated. This is my first Chanel bag, so I’m not sure what to expect. What are your all’s thoughts? Also, it was hard to capture in a photo. It looks worse in person!
I thought

i thought inwas the only one this happen to! i purchased the same cavier woc black sometime in august and noticed the samething with the stamping inside...i returned it and the sa that sold it to me was not there at the time but another sa said they had four wocs that just came in that weren’t checked yet in the back after being told by someone else there that there were no more. He brings out the four wocs and lets me choose which one. i picked the best one that the stamped wasn’t perfect to my liking but it was better than my original purchase (which was just like yours). anyway, i have not yet used the bag it has been in the box and dustbag exactly how it came bc upon getting home again i noticed the samething with the hotstamping the letters still have cuts in them and i’m wondering will it completely fade once i start using my woc?! i called customer service today to find out what can be done but was advised to call sa tomorrow. i’m wondering also will/can they restamp it as other than that the woc is fine. it just really bothers me that the stamp isn’t perfect as it should be.

I thought
Awh, I’m sorry that you’re experiencing this problem too! What did the SA say when you called them? Did you find anything out about whether re-stamping is possible? I agree, I feel like for the costs of these bags, they should be in perfect condition when purchased!

Awh, I’m sorry that you’re experiencing this problem too! What did the SA say when you called them? Did you find anything out about whether re-stamping is possible? I agree, I feel like for the costs of these bags, they should be in perfect condition when purchased!
My SA told me that Chanel doesn’t do restamping so nothing can be done but that I can have a manager look at it or speak to after sales. I don’t know this was my first Chanel purchase as I was more of a LV kind of gal. I don’t know my daughter says it’s not that big of a deal but I like everything to be perfect and that logo that has the cracks in the letters bothers me amd worries me that only having it since August and not even using it yet makes me really wonder what will happen once I do use it?!

Did you end up returning it? I plan on going in soon and speaking w/ the manager and the after sales team. I’m scared to use it. It’s a real shame that we have to go through this...this purchase wasn’t cheap!

I took mine into the Manchester boutique last Sunday after another snotty email from London stating “we cannot keep exchanging your woc if it shows normal signs of wear and tear” ANY KIND OF WEAR AFTER 1 MONTH IS NOT NORMAL - even a £50 bag shouldn’t be showing wear after a month!!

They told me via email that they only exchanged my first WOC as a “gesture of goodwill” so basically if anyone else had bought the woc I had in the exchange they would likely honour an exchange for them, but because I’ve had the same issue once before they won’t? The service I’ve received has been awful.

Will see what result I get back from Manchester - I actually requested it to be sent to Paris instead of London but I’m not holding out much hope.

It’s going on Vestiaire if I get a no, I’ve lost the love for it unfortunately!

Anyone else had theirs dealt with?

Hi all, I recently purchased my first Chanel classic medium flap in London and have not even used it. My dad made the purchase on my behalf hence I was not able to check. When he brought it back, I noticed flaking on the stamping. From the picture, some letters are partially gone?! Am I able to do any exchange in another country? Anyone done it before?

Hi all, I recently purchased my first Chanel classic medium flap in London and have not even used it. My dad made the purchase on my behalf hence I was not able to check. When he brought it back, I noticed flaking on the stamping. From the picture, some letters are partially gone?! Am I able to do any exchange in another country? Anyone done it before?
hi - when did he purchase it ? how recent? you should try taking it back to a boutique asap. mine is flaking as well . my sa said they couldn’t do anything about it. now it just sits in my closet as i’m scared to wear it since the flaking is happening without using or touching it. i would take it to my nearest boutique and show them.

hi - when did he purchase it ? how recent? you should try taking it back to a boutique asap. mine is flaking as well . my sa said they couldn’t do anything about it. now it just sits in my closet as i’m scared to wear it since the flaking is happening without using or touching it. i would take it to my nearest boutique and show them.
He purchased it only last week. I am trying to bring it down to my local boutique and see what they can do about it. What about yours? Did it appear like that when you first bought it?

He purchased it only last week. I am trying to bring it down to my local boutique and see what they can do about it. What about yours? Did it appear like that when you first bought it?
yes i would definitely take it back asap and not wait. the one i purchased was august 2018 had major flaking so i returned it the next day or next few days. the sa let me pick from 4 different ones and so i picked the best one that wasn’t perfect with the stamping as i would like or had seen but it had no flaking. i left it untouched in its packaging and maybe a week or so (i can’t remember the time) i took it out the box and noticed that the stamping was flaking again. i waited too long to return the second one because i had some emergencies that came up. i have not been able to wear it b/c i am nervous it will shed more.