Chanel Horor Stories

When this happens and there is something I definitely want, I take out my credit card and just start tapping it on the counter, playing with it though -- not tapping for attention. You'd be surprised how well that works. The last time I pulled that trick was in Cartier with my Red Card in November. Within seconds, 3 SAs wanted to know if they could help.

Lol I did this once too, it worked surprisingly well indeed.... :hrmm:

I tried to treat a tiny stain on my suede vintage Chanel with suede spray cleaner (specially made for suede Shoes)! To my horror the sprayed area was bigger than the stain itself and the material itself became very very stiff :'(

I immediately started google-ing and it turns out suede handbags are NOT meant to be treated with any liquids. As my research suggested, I rushed out to buy a special suede brush and got down to business ... To my relief, most (but not all) of the damage was fixed... Lesson Learnt!

Crazy4Hermes said:
I tried to treat a tiny stain on my suede vintage Chanel with suede spray cleaner (specially made for suede Shoes)! To my horror the sprayed area was bigger than the stain itself and the material itself became very very stiff :'(

I immediately started google-ing and it turns out suede handbags are NOT meant to be treated with any liquids. As my research suggested, I rushed out to buy a special suede brush and got down to business ... To my relief, most (but not all) of the damage was fixed... Lesson Learnt!

Oh no

Well when ever I purchase something or just browse I usually go to that location, and I purchased that bag from that same store. I believe their system shows the date of purchase etc but she said i wouldn't be charged for any repairs. The SA never asked, I don't think they usually ask anyway. They just look at what needs to be repaired and start processing. I think if I told my story I would have gotten a blank "wtf" stare lol. So I kept it to myself :smile:

That's good

customer service and treatment sucks in chanel, treatment in the us stores is better. london is the worst. a reason for me to stop buying chanel. same in hermes btw.
moynat, dior, lancel offer the best treatment. no matter how you are dressed.
I wish chanel would have an online store so I never have to talk again to those weird people.

customer service and treatment sucks in chanel, treatment in the us stores is better. london is the worst. a reason for me to stop buying chanel. same in hermes btw.
moynat, dior, lancel offer the best treatment. no matter how you are dressed.
I wish chanel would have an online store so I never have to talk again to those weird people.

I went shopping with my DD and she said the Chanel boutique SA's acted like they had sticks up their bums (blush). The Dior SA's are super friendly and welcoming every time, whether you buy or not.

A while ago, when I went to Chanel to exchange my jumbo. This male SA was telling a female SA that this woman was in the store all morning & looking at every bag in a snarky "ugh" manner. By the time I was done, the lady bought a bag from another SA. Should have been nicer to her, your Tuesday 10am commission would have looked a lot better than "ugh".

A while ago, when I went to Chanel to exchange my jumbo. This male SA was telling a female SA that this woman was in the store all morning & looking at every bag in a snarky "ugh" manner. By the time I was done, the lady bought a bag from another SA. Should have been nicer to her, your Tuesday 10am commission would have looked a lot better than "ugh".

So so true. I don't know why they have to take this attitude; I've been shopping at the same boutique off and on for many years and I still see it happening. It's really not productive and not a good way to promote the brand. Chanel should be elegant and classic, not snobby, rude and aloof.

I have the same problem with customer service
At the Brisbane (Australia) store, half of the SA's are nice after you make a purchase, the other half, stand there with their noses high and completely ignore you. I don't dress in a particular manner just because I'm shopping designer, what for? It's not like I want to impress the SA. My husband makes a point at wearing the most comfortable Bummy cloths as possible, he might as well be comfortable while I'm shopping :smile:

When dh was shopping for my first Chanel he was completely ignored until a SA which was serving another customer was done, she came over and offered assistance and when it came to paying for my bag, he paid in cash, 2 or 3 of them came by and asked if he needed water or something. Wtf?

Service at our local Chanel store is pretty bad too. There is only this one nice girl in the store that would greet me and help me to find something I like. All the others would just stand there and not even smile when I make eye contact. Sometimes I even see obvious impatience on their face when they serve someone who doesn't speak English very well. In the contrary, everyone in the Dior store is super nice every time when I walk in. Also i find the service is in general better in US (compared to Canada).

I never dress up when I go shopping. I just wear my usual cloth, usually short & t-shirt. Bags I carried range from None Designer to Prada. Every time, I went to Chanel, someone always greet me and were very nice.
LV on the other hand....

Eek. Reading everyone's stories makes me reluctant to go to a Chanel boutique in London to purchase my birthday present. I'll see if I can get my aunt (who's coming to visit us in July) to purchase the wallet-on-chain at Heathrow airport instead.

Does anyone know what the staff at the Terminal 3 Chanel boutique are like? I don't want them to be rude to my aunt ...