Chanel Glossimer

Hi Ladies!

I finally decided to purchase my first CHANEL Glossimer! :biggrin: Had a look at the available colours and they all look stunning! Please help me choose! I want something either mauve or coral with glitters. Hopefully with a bit of colour that will show on my lips but not too opaque at the same time. Any suggestions? :graucho: If it helps, my favourite Chanel lipstick is Coco Shine in 46 Liberte.

Also, can someone tell me if Glossimers ever "go off" and start smelling funny? A few years ago I had two Aqualumiere Glosses, but after about a month after opening the smell of them changed from a very pleasant perfume to a nasty, unpleasant odour, so I had to chuck them out (although the texture remained the same). I hope GLOSSIMERS are not the same...

^I highly recommend Amour (166), my sister owns it... and I steal it off her :P Perfect coral-pink with shimmer! I own three-four glossimers and they are all over a year old and no funky smell. Shame about the Aqualumieres, I was thinking of purchasing one soon...

Ditto on Amour... it's such a great colour and has oodles of sparkles!
CHANEL glossimers are the best glosses out there-- not sticky at all and have amazing wear time. I have never had a problem with the ones I have smelling funny. They also don't have any sort of taste, which is a big deal after trying the Buxom lip plumping glosses and found them so bitter and chemical tasting.

^I highly recommend Amour (166), my sister owns it... and I steal it off her :P Perfect coral-pink with shimmer! I own three-four glossimers and they are all over a year old and no funky smell. Shame about the Aqualumieres, I was thinking of purchasing one soon...

Ditto on Amour... it's such a great colour and has oodles of sparkles!
CHANEL glossimers are the best glosses out there-- not sticky at all and have amazing wear time. I have never had a problem with the ones I have smelling funny. They also don't have any sort of taste, which is a big deal after trying the Buxom lip plumping glosses and found them so bitter and chemical tasting.

Thanks Ladies! :smile: I had a look at Amour swatches online and it seems to have a shimmer base? Or am I wrong? I'm more after a coral-pink clear jelly base with some larger iridescent or gold glitters in it... It kinda hard to explain, but I guess a bit like the upcoming summer glosses (jelly base infused with colour - pic below ), only with some glitter in it... If it makes sence! Lol :graucho:

With regards to Aqualumiere glosses, yes... it is a bit of a shame. I spoke to a Chanel SA about it and she said they had a lot of them being returned because of this problem. She said it had something to do with product reacting with the plastic packaging. It was a while ago, so they probably fixed it, but I don't want to risk it.... :thinking:

Pic taken from: http://www.specktra.net/t/185690/chanel-collection-reflets-d-t-de-chanel-summer-2014

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 145
Thanks Ladies! :smile: I had a look at Amour swatches online and it seems to have a shimmer base? Or am I wrong? I'm more after a coral-pink clear jelly base with some larger iridescent or gold glitters in it... It kinda hard to explain, but I guess a bit like the upcoming summer glosses (jelly base infused with colour - pic below ), only with some glitter in it... If it makes sence! Lol :graucho:

Pic taken from: http://www.specktra.net/t/185690/chanel-collection-reflets-d-t-de-chanel-summer-2014

The only thing I worry about with these upcoming colours is whenever Chanel does these "jelly" glossimers, they are super sheer... remember Envolee from this past summer? So sheer :sad:
Jelly, pigmented and with shimmer sounds more like the Dior Addict glosses *hides from angry Chanel fans* I have a few of them and love them as much as the Chanel glossimers and I find they're more pigmented in general. Have a look at Dior Diablotine (or Chanel Nakkar- they are quite close- I chose Diablotine over Nakkar personally).

ps. oh crap, that Summer 2014 collection is going to destroy my bank account!!!

The only thing I worry about with these upcoming colours is whenever Chanel does these "jelly" glossimers, they are super sheer... remember Envolee from this past summer? So sheer :sad:
Jelly, pigmented and with shimmer sounds more like the Dior Addict glosses *hides from angry Chanel fans* I have a few of them and love them as much as the Chanel glossimers and I find they're more pigmented in general. Have a look at Dior Diablotine (or Chanel Nakkar- they are quite close- I chose Diablotine over Nakkar personally).

ps. oh crap, that Summer 2014 collection is going to destroy my bank account!!!

Thanks Jen! My Mum loves Dior, so I'll check it out... From the online swatches Diablotine still looks like shimmer, not glitter in jelly to me. It just seems a little too opaque, which is usually the sign of that pearl-like dense shimmer being the base. Will have yo check it in store. I should have posted my question yesterday morning as I went to Dior yesterday afternoon to get a new pot of Apricot creme :smile:

The summer collection does look promising! I'm interested in 4 out of 5 polishes as well as 2 glossimers (186 and 188) and the purple mascara (orange is a maybe)! Lol