Chanel for Beginners

jayney said:
Yes, some posts are missing. I remember reading this thread this morning. There were some unrelated posts but I don't recall the specifics...But it seems like some related ones got deleted as well? I am sure the mods have their reasons...

I wish I could help with the Chanel. I have a few Chanel bags but they are all vintage and/or very small...

But if I see some that I like as I am "window shopping" I will try and put some up here for you. Also, have you tried looking at their web site ?

Thanks jayney! Yes, I tried browsing the website, but either they weren't showcasing any bags that caught my eye, or I just wasnt looking in the right place :/

jayney said:
Yes, some posts are missing. I remember reading this thread this morning. There were some unrelated posts but I don't recall the specifics...But it seems like some related ones got deleted as well? I am sure the mods have their reasons...

I wish I could help with the Chanel. I have a few Chanel bags but they are all vintage and/or very small...

But if I see some that I like as I am "window shopping" I will try and put some up here for you. Also, have you tried looking at their web site ?

Some of the posts might have been unrelated but they were a progression of the thread. So we have to be totally on topic at all moments or risk our posts being deleted? If thats the case, I am not even posting anymore. Its a waste of my time and energy. I have been on threads and many times the topics change. Example: Did you see my new bag that my husband got me in Japan. Next post: OH I was in Japan last week.... Next post: I love Japan. Its called converstation.

Selena

Selena said:
Some of the posts might have been unrelated but they were a progression of the thread. So we have to be totally on topic at all moments or risk our posts being deleted? If thats the case, I am not even posting anymore. Its a waste of my time and energy. I have been on threads and many times the topics change. Example: Did you see my new bag that my husband got me in Japan. Next post: OH I was in Japan last week.... Next post: I love Japan. Its called converstation.

Selena

lol, Its okay, jayney figured out what happened. There's a double post! I put one in Handbags and Chanel, they must've moved the second one here (to Chanel) too :blink: My fault guys!

abandonedimages said:
lol, Its okay, jayney figured out what happened. There's a double post! I put one in Handbags and Chanel, they must've moved the second one here (to Chanel) too :blink: My fault guys!

Oh god now I feel stupid for getting all pissy! LOL I just was being paranoid. I thought all the off topic posts got removed. I was thinking oh lord not this! LOL
Sorry mods. I am seriously PMSING tonight!
Selena

Selena said:
Oh god now I feel stupid for getting all pissy! LOL I just was being paranoid. I thought all the off topic posts got removed. I was thinking oh lord not this! LOL
Sorry mods. I am seriously PMSING tonight!
Selena

LOL I know what you mean! I seriously am [PMSing] too, I almost wanted to get on someone else in the Celebrity section, then I was like, What is wrong with me tonight!? :wacko:

Congrats on wanting a Chanel... there are so many to choose from! I wish you had access to a Chanel boutique because it is much more luxurious to see them in person!

This is a picture of 2 of my black Chanels. I think black is always a classic color. I can't remember the name of the style of the left one, but the right one is a classic lamb skin. For your first Chanel, I would recommend something like the classic (whether lamb skin or caviar) because it's recognizable, easy to wear, and has that great Chanel leather/metal shoulder strap. Also the re-issue is fabulous.

Attachments

• chanelblack.JPG
    chanelblack.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 108
^ what size is your classic flap? it looks so cute and might be perfect for me =)

abandoned - I think you should go for either a tote or a classic flap. The tote would be good for school whereas the flap will be good for practically everything but school ;) Either way you can't go wrong and do update us when you get one! woohoo!

mello_yello_jen said:
^ what size is your classic flap? it looks so cute and might be perfect for me =)

abandoned - I think you should go for either a tote or a classic flap. The tote would be good for school whereas the flap will be good for practically everything but school ;) Either way you can't go wrong and do update us when you get one! woohoo!

Thanks jen! Yep. I think I've got it narrowed down to either tote, bowling bag, or reporter bag. I'm hoping if I make it to a boutique I'll just be drawn to the one I'm meant to buy (or possibly someone will sell theirs on here) :] Man, cant wait until this summer! I hope I can get it soon so I can share with you all [wishes really hard].