Chanel Fall/Winter Act II 2021 (21K)

Yes, I remember 3 years ago when I made my first purchase, I walked into the Chicago store on impulse, had a selection to look over, and made a purchase.
Those days are long gone.

In 2019 I randomly popped into the Chanel boutique on Bond Street and they had black medium classic flap in caviar with gold hardware in-stock, along with lambskin. Now you need to get on a waitlist for months just to be considered for one!

Reactions: rose80
Was
In 2019 I randomly popped into the Chanel boutique on Bond Street and they had black medium classic flap in caviar with gold hardware in-stock, along with lambskin. Now you need to get on a waitlist for months just to be considered for one!

Really? I haven't had that experience. I have been shopping for 20+ years. And I see them available all the time. Maybe that's the game Chanel is trying to throw. Make it look like the classics are exclusive- like Hermes- and HTF. In fact, we were in Oahu recently and both my sister and mom walked into the Wiakiki store and their was 5-6 classic black flaps to choose from.

In case you get it, just make sure you check it properly…
View attachment 5200834

This is so disappointing… what’s happening with Chanel? So many new releases that have quality control issues like this from this collection, wrinkled leather on the minis, wonky and uneven flaps… considering the extreme prices for these items it’s just embarrassing.

This is so disappointing… what’s happening with Chanel? So many new releases that have quality control issues like this from this collection, wrinkled leather on the minis, wonky and uneven flaps… considering the extreme prices for these items it’s just embarrassing.

It definitely is sad. I got a 21A bag in June, and it has already been sent to Chanel repair due to the seam of the lining unraveling. I just bought the bag, had it in my possession for 3 months only used probably 10 days, and is now out for repairs. The estimated repair time is 12 weeks, really sad, but I would rather have it fix now. Still, we all keep coming back for more, lol.

Was

Really? I haven't had that experience. I have been shopping for 20+ years. And I see them available all the time. Maybe that's the game Chanel is trying to throw. Make it look like the classics are exclusive- like Hermes- and HTF. In fact, we were in Oahu recently and both my sister and mom walked into the Wiakiki store and their was 5-6 classic black flaps to choose from.

I think you're right! When I went to Istanbul in June, there were multiple black caviar classic flaps as well but here in the US, you almost cannot locate them by walking into a boutique.

It definitely is sad. I got a 21A bag in June, and it has already been sent to Chanel repair due to the seam of the lining unraveling. I just bought the bag, had it in my possession for 3 months only used probably 10 days, and is now out for repairs. The estimated repair time is 12 weeks, really sad, but I would rather have it fix now. Still, we all keep coming back for more, lol.

Which bag was it?