Chanel Dilema

schrodinga

Dec 16, 2013
Currently lusting after a Chanel bag, would be my first Chanel purchase. Torn between a WOC or a classic flap. My budget can currently extend to the WOC, but not sure how practical it is and whether I would be better to save and get a small or medium classic flap.

Would appreciate thoughts and pictures of both bags to help me decide!?!

Attachments

• F6B4AA95-3DB1-46A2-9451-4AA8230E308E.jpeg
    F6B4AA95-3DB1-46A2-9451-4AA8230E308E.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 657
The medium flap in particular would be more versatile. The WOC has very limited space. Plus you’d have to keep changing your CC every time you switch back to a purse. However an positive thing is that it can be worn crossbody where the flaps are shoulder carry only. Hope I’ve given you some helpful food for thought. You just have to decide which one works better for your lifestyle. At some time you’ll probably end of with both.

I think you should save for the classic flap too! I was torn between a WOC and mini for my first Chanel purchase. I went with the WOC because it was cheaper and then regretted it. I eventually sold it and later bought a mini.

My biggest problem with the WOC was that because it's so small you pretty much have to use it the way it was designed... as a wallet... and I hated having to take out everything from my wallet every time I used the WOC. I don't have this problem with the mini because I use a wallet small enough to fit in it and I still have room for my keys, cellphone, hand sanitizer and lipgloss!

Reactions: Vanana
I love my WOC. It's my most used purse and I have the m/l and jumbo cf along with old medium boy and some totes.

I think it depends on your lifestyle. I have a 2 year old and the WOC was easier to carry with my infant and now toddler. I mainly carry my diaper bag now so the woc is a nice crossbody just for me while I have my diaper bag. I also live in an area where Chanel is not often seen/carried around.

If you really want a classic flap and you're only considering a woc because it's cheaper, then wait and get a classic flap. Like someone mentioned, if you buy the woc, you'll end up still wanting the classic flap and getting it eventually.

Reactions: cherrykiwi
I would go for either the classic flap or a mini first.

If you fall down the rabbit hole of Chanel buying, you can always get a WOC later. (Actually I prefer a non-classic WOC style as it’s not as pricey so you could go for a more “fun” seasonal style.)

Unless you’re tall or prefer to not carry anything more than what a wallet /clutch can hold, i think the WOC isn’t preferable. Shorter ladies who buy wocs wear it really low ( even crossbody) or mcgyver the straps to make it work..the regular trendy cc woc is an exception! i don’t believe in “entry level” buys..i believe it’s costly in the long run.. if the cost of a classic is a bit much, i would get a seasonal flap that has most features of a classic( like the mademoiselle chic or urban companion small or medium) or a mini..

Reactions: MahaM