Chanel Cruise 2016 Square Mini Shape

Jun 17, 2014
Hi everyone,

Did anyone else notice that the Square mini's are more rounded than square this season?

I attached photos below: The black one was purchased in December 2013 and the pink just in December 2015. I like the rounded shape but I don't think it's square... Anyone else notice the change in shape this season?

Attachments

• IMG_1979-Edit-1.jpg
    IMG_1979-Edit-1.jpg
    978.2 KB · Views: 2,452
  • IMG_5814.jpg
    IMG_5814.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 2,276
I noticed it right away when HRH posted her yellow mini on IG. It would be a nice addition for someone who love square minis (aheeemmm someone like me).

Are you having second thoughts?

I noticed it right away when HRH posted her yellow mini on IG. It would be a nice addition for someone who love square minis (aheeemmm someone like me).

Are you having second thoughts?

Glad I am not the only who noticed it! I noticed it the second I saw it in the boutique, I am actually a little glad it's rounded so I don't feel bad about having two "square" mini's in my collection. No regrets at all, just curious to see if anyone else noticed the difference this season.

can u push/tuck the sides in further?? from the way it looks, the sides seem to be puffed out more, making it a more rounded shape but the overall lines still look square to me, if that makes sense. cause from the second pic, those sides are much more tucked in on the black mini. however, if you can't push the sides in, then yes i agree, much more rounded shape compared to the older version.

Wow, I just noticed this! I think, if I already had the older square mini, I would like the slight rounding of the new mini to have something different. Plus the color/hardware of your 2016 mini is gorgeous and looks very cute with the slight rounding.

I'm getting a little sad though because I want my first square mini to be square!

can u push/tuck the sides in further?? from the way it looks, the sides seem to be puffed out more, making it a more rounded shape but the overall lines still look square to me, if that makes sense. cause from the second pic, those sides are much more tucked in on the black mini. however, if you can't push the sides in, then yes i agree, much more rounded shape compared to the older version.

I know what you mean, the sides are bulging out which is giving it the roundish look. I tried pushing it in, but it comes out again - I saw this in all of the mini's at the boutique as well (beige lambskin, navy caviar, yellow/mustard lambskin and the purple lambskin). I am just wondering if this is how future square mini's will be designed...

Wow, I just noticed this! I think, if I already had the older square mini, I would like the slight rounding of the new mini to have something different. Plus the color/hardware of your 2016 mini is gorgeous and looks very cute with the slight rounding.

I'm getting a little sad though because I want my first square mini to be square!

Thank you Jubes! My husband says the same, he finds the roundish shape cute! I hope you will be able to find a more squarish mini in black, would you ever consider the preloved market? I have seen that Fashionphile has one in black with gold hardware and in lambskin (excellent condition).

Even the rectangular minis are more often than not a little rounded. I bind mine in overnight or for a few days, then it's all straight but it will become rounder again. I do it more to prevent it from ever going 'shapeless'. But then indeed that's all down to personal taste.

I just received my navy ghw square mini and I don't like the rounded shape. To me is looks pushed out and squished. I'm returning it tomorrow. I prefer the rigid square shape.

I don't know if I'd call it "rounded" when it's more along the lines of smooshed to me
A square mini should be square in my opinion...same applies to all the classic flaps...not a fan of all these squished and puckering sides I've been seeing lately...come on quality control