Chanel Cosmetic at holt renfrew

Spritedrin

Aug 18, 2010
Hi, I'm moving to Vancouver, Canada from the States and I was wondering how much is the Chanel Vitalumiere foundation in Canada? I'm planing on buying makeup with the biggest price difference in the States and little price difference (like the Dior foundation) in Canada.

Thanks!

Also, does holt renfrew have frequent gift with purchases? And is it better to buy from Holt Renfrew or The Bay?

probably a big price difference, as most high end makeup is pricier in canada and holts seldom has GWPs and when they do, you are looking at spending $100 or more.

buy yourself enough product until you are back in the states.

even if the price is just a little more with the conversion, by the time PST and GST are tacked on, you're better off having bought it in the states.

I recommend doing the same thing. Load up in the States. I was just at the Chanel store and the Chanel counter at Holts and they don't carry the full range of foundation colours.
The difference for some items are atleast $5-15 more here in Canada. Holts only has gift with purchase twice a year I think. It was just last week but there are so many excluded brands most of the time it isn't worth it.

Hi, I'm moving to Vancouver, Canada from the States and I was wondering how much is the Chanel Vitalumiere foundation in Canada? I'm planing on buying makeup with the biggest price difference in the States and little price difference (like the Dior foundation) in Canada.

Thanks!

Also, does holt renfrew have frequent gift with purchases? And is it better to buy from Holt Renfrew or The Bay?

I'm in Vancouver and can't recall the price of the foundation at Holt's but, as the previous posters have said, it will be more than in the States, plus you have to pay the new HST (PST + GST = 12%). I would buy it in the States if you can, even after you move here since the border is so close and prices are so much better in the States.

Holts doesn't do GWP very often; The Bay does more of them but I can't recall how many they do on Chanel per year.

I"m not sure about Vitalumiere, but I looked at the Mat Lumiere last night at Murale at it was $52CDN before the 12% tax.

I highly suggest you don't buy your cosmetics at Holts or the Bay-go to Shoppers drug mart and join their points program. A lot of their stores (especially in the downtown core) have a beauty boutique that carries Smashbox, Dior, Lancome, Benefit, Clinique, etc. They frequently have events when you can get 20x the points-when this happens my mom and I stock up on all the skincare and makeup we need. You can use the points to redeem for store gift cards-if you only shop when it's 20x you can easily reach a $75 gift card, and I use these to buy all my makeup. It really offsets the cost of cosmetics.

Shoppers Drug Mart also has a higher end beauty boutique in Oakridge Mall (easily accessible from the Canada line) called Murale that stocks Chanel, Bobbi Brown, YSL, Smashbox (as well as many others), and lots of high end skincare. You can collect and redeem your Shoppers points here too. Plus sometimes they have other events (this week you could pull a GC worth $10-25 on your purchase-I ended up getting $25 towards my Bobbi Brown foundation).

Sorry to drag on! If you have any questions about shopping/eating/living in Vancouver feel free to ask :smile:

I"m not sure about Vitalumiere, but I looked at the Mat Lumiere last night at Murale at it was $52CDN before the 12% tax.

I highly suggest you don't buy your cosmetics at Holts or the Bay-go to Shoppers drug mart and join their points program. A lot of their stores (especially in the downtown core) have a beauty boutique that carries Smashbox, Dior, Lancome, Benefit, Clinique, etc. They frequently have events when you can get 20x the points-when this happens my mom and I stock up on all the skincare and makeup we need. You can use the points to redeem for store gift cards-if you only shop when it's 20x you can easily reach a $75 gift card, and I use these to buy all my makeup. It really offsets the cost of cosmetics.

Shoppers Drug Mart also has a higher end beauty boutique in Oakridge Mall (easily accessible from the Canada line) called Murale that stocks Chanel, Bobbi Brown, YSL, Smashbox (as well as many others), and lots of high end skincare. You can collect and redeem your Shoppers points here too. Plus sometimes they have other events (this week you could pull a GC worth $10-25 on your purchase-I ended up getting $25 towards my Bobbi Brown foundation).

Sorry to drag on! If you have any questions about shopping/eating/living in Vancouver feel free to ask :smile:

OMG, thank you so much! I forgot some of shoppers durg mart carried high end makeup! I checked their website and found the store that carried what I'm looking and it's actually closer so I don't have to run all the way to Holt Renfrew!

OMG, thank you so much! I forgot some of shoppers durg mart carried high end makeup! I checked their website and found the store that carried what I'm looking and it's actually closer so I don't have to run all the way to Holt Renfrew!

Great! I love Shoppers too because unlike Holts they're not tied to any brand, so they can suggest things to you without being biased.

Great! I love Shoppers too because unlike Holts they're not tied to any brand, so they can suggest things to you without being biased.

Bty, do you know any good hair salons that's good with Asian hair and is consistant with good results? And how safe do you think Vancouver is for a late teen/young adult to be walking, shopping, riding the bus/sky train alone?

Vote for SDM/Murale, too. Their points program is amazing and if you play with it well (load points when they got 20x events and redeem them in super redemption events), even the price in US won't beat it. If SDM carries a brand I won't buy it anywhere else. These include high end brands including Dior, Guerlain, Chanel, YSL; some contemporary brands like urban decay, smash box, nars, benefit, darphin, etc.
If you are a vib/vibr at sephora, try to get what you need in the 20% off event. Then consider Bay. HR is my last choice but I do shop there, for brands like Tom Ford.