Chanel Classic Front Pocket Dent

C.F.

Jan 7, 2017
I purchased this bag new from the boutique in San Francisco back in January . It is a Jumbo Classic Double Flap in caviar leather with SHW 28 series. I came home and unwrapped the bag to notice the very front pocket has a dent near the top of the leather . I’ve noticed creasing and denting in very hard worked bags that I’ve looked at on resale sites online , from time and use but never in something brand new . Since we are all stuck inside I cannot go to the store to ask in person . Is this a defect , or just something that will wear out over time ? Has anyone experienced this type of dent or folding in their Classic double flaps ? I notice it every time I use this bag . The first photo is from the day I unwrapped it , the second is currently , 4 months old with about 5 uses. I properly store my bags and never store fully clasped. All felt and original tissue paper is all still used to store this bag . I’m beyond OCD when it comes to storing my handbags . Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated !

Attachments

• 555B84F4-4A43-4047-A5B6-A59961466EA1.jpeg
    555B84F4-4A43-4047-A5B6-A59961466EA1.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 5FED53A5-F60A-44F6-9D45-E0BDF65E043C.jpeg
    5FED53A5-F60A-44F6-9D45-E0BDF65E043C.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 310
Try to use a garment steamer and cover that creased area up with a towel and go over that area with the steamer. YouTuber Chase Amie made a video about how to get wrinkles out of her Chanel mini. I’ve never used that method on my leather bags but did it on my leather sofa and it works. Good luck!

Reactions: C.F.
Remember this particular bag is made by hand, inside out. If you really are upset, take it back to the store when we are out of quarantine. I’m sure they will accommodate you. My trick is take an unscented baby wipe and gently wipe that area.

Reactions: C.F.