Chanel Classic Flap - Small vs Medium vs Large sizes

I am planning on purchasing a vintage lambskin classic flap for my 40th birthday. I can’t decide between the small or medium classic flap. I am worried that the small flap is too dressy for jeans/t-shirt outfits (the medium seems like it can go with casual and dressy attire). On the other hand I am worried that the medium flap is heavier than the small flap. I know lambskin is a much lighter material than caviar, but I know I won’t wear the bag if it’s too heavy. Any input on these concerns? I want a Chanel flap that can go with both dressy and casual outfits and that won’t break my shoulder!!!! Thank you :smile:

I am planning on purchasing a vintage lambskin classic flap for my 40th birthday. I can’t decide between the small or medium classic flap. I am worried that the small flap is too dressy for jeans/t-shirt outfits (the medium seems like it can go with casual and dressy attire). On the other hand I am worried that the medium flap is heavier than the small flap. I know lambskin is a much lighter material than caviar, but I know I won’t wear the bag if it’s too heavy. Any input on these concerns? I want a Chanel flap that can go with both dressy and casual outfits and that won’t break my shoulder!!!! Thank you :smile:
The size difference isn’t that big and probably won’t change the weight noticeably. Try them both on and see which one you’re more drawn towards.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I just pulled the trigger and purchased my very first Chanel flap bag! This is a huge deal for me...it is my 40th birthday present for myself. I tried on the small and medium flap and went with the small. It is a vintage in excellent condition. I am 5’4” and 110 lbs so the small looked better for my frame. We have a boutique here that sells vintage designer bags, so I was able to see the bag and verify that it is in excellent condition. I pick it up tomorrow.

I just pulled the trigger and purchased my very first Chanel flap bag! This is a huge deal for me...it is my 40th birthday present for myself. I tried on the small and medium flap and went with the small. It is a vintage in excellent condition. I am 5’4” and 110 lbs so the small looked better for my frame. We have a boutique here that sells vintage designer bags, so I was able to see the bag and verify that it is in excellent condition. I pick it up tomorrow.

Congrats! I also treated myself to my first ever Chanel Flap for my birthday this month. I'm so obsessed with it, I just keep cuddling it when I'm home alone lol. The lambskin feels so soft and beautiful. The weather hasn't been great here so I haven't worn it outside yet. I'm just worried I'm gonna ruin it seeing as I don't baby my bags.

Reactions: OCMomof3
Congrats to you too! I just picked mine up today and I’ll probably be doing the same thing with it :smile:)) I have to do some research about bringing it out in the snow/rain...our weather is pretty awful right now too.

Congrats! I also treated myself to my first ever Chanel Flap for my birthday this month. I'm so obsessed with it, I just keep cuddling it when I'm home alone lol. The lambskin feels so soft and beautiful. The weather hasn't been great here so I haven't worn it outside yet. I'm just worried I'm gonna ruin it seeing as I don't baby my bags.

Hi Sylly - I have not tried on a small CF before but had a ML which I sold for a jumbo single flap. How do the small and ML bag straps compare in terms of length/drop? I saw some photos and the small drop did seem to be a little lower - not sure if it’s just an illusion as the bag is smaller. Grateful for any advice.
Are you in the U.S.? The small size classic flap is much harder to find in the states. I have both and love both sizes. If you are leaning towards the small, you should keep that one.

Love everything you said here. I feel the same way about the small and M/L. I am 5'2". After pondering about this for considerable time, I got the small classic flap bag. That was my first chanel bag. I don't think the M/L would have suited my proportions - at least in my eyes, it would have looked ever so slightly out of proportion when worn on the extended chain setting. I only wish the small classic flap bag came in other colors - like red and navy! I bought it in black and have not seen any other colors..
My boutique in Germany has small in other colors like red... I pre-ordered the small in white now:flowers:

Hi Sylly - I have not tried on a small CF before but had a ML which I sold for a jumbo single flap. How do the small and ML bag straps compare in terms of length/drop? I saw some photos and the small drop did seem to be a little lower - not sure if it’s just an illusion as the bag is smaller. Grateful for any advice.

I feel like it’s more of an illusion probably. The drop length to me for both sizes are the same. You can see where the bags hits on my sweater.

Left: Small
Right: M/L29CE4ABA-5B92-4AFE-9D82-7E86EF28AFA6.jpeg