CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Hi everyone! For the TPFers here who have ordered bags out of state, how long does it typically take for the bag to ship after payment? My SA at Bloomingdale’s has been requesting a bag for me for weeks (an epic story for another time) and she finally had her request accepted today. I paid for it in the store and the bag is being shipped from California (from Neiman Marcus I believe). It’s my first time ordering a bag sight unseen so I’m definitely nervous, especially when I’m going on a two week trip soon! Is there a risk that the bag might be purchased before it is packed up and shipped?

Last edited:
Happy new year beautiful people! I'm going to Berlin in March for a work trip and was thinking of heading to a Chanel boutique to get my very first classic flap! I read in an old 2016 thread that Berlin is one of the best bets for procuring the coveted classics. Can anyone share rheir Berlin SA contact with me please? So excited to be part of the CF community!

Hi! I was referred to this forum because ya'll are apparently the Chanel EXPERTS hehe. I'm new to the Chanel universe and recently just bought my first 2 Chanel purchases! A card holder and the chanel 19 in black while on my bachelorette in Paris! However, I'm regretting the impulse purchase of the chanel 19 and trying to either trade it for a classic flap or sell it. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about either of these 2 strategies? Thank you!!!

Reactions: pinkgirl713
Hi! I was referred to this forum because ya'll are apparently the Chanel EXPERTS hehe. I'm new to the Chanel universe and recently just bought my first 2 Chanel purchases! A card holder and the chanel 19 in black while on my bachelorette in Paris! However, I'm regretting the impulse purchase of the chanel 19 and trying to either trade it for a classic flap or sell it. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about either of these 2 strategies? Thank you!!!

Are you within the return window? I’d take it to your local Chanel and see if they can do a return/exchange for a classic flap if you’re sure that’s what you want. FWIW, I started with a classic flap and still want a 19 so it’s not a fix, so to speak :lol:

I believe if you call the boutique in Paris to explain you want a different bag, they will call your local Chanel to authorize the exchange. That’s what I’be heard You tubers do. Or just try to exchange it at the Local boutique and see what they say.

I picked up my Chanel 19 today and really love it but plan to get my CF next week as well.

Are you within the return window? I’d take it to your local Chanel and see if they can do a return/exchange for a classic flap if you’re sure that’s what you want. FWIW, I started with a classic flap and still want a 19 so it’s not a fix, so to speak :lol:
I actually tried returning it the next day and the boutique in Paris that I bought it from (it was located in a larger mall) didn't allow returns ):

• Wow
Reactions: Grande Latte
I believe if you call the boutique in Paris to explain you want a different bag, they will call your local Chanel to authorize the exchange. That’s what I’be heard You tubers do. Or just try to exchange it at the Local boutique and see what they say.

I picked up my Chanel 19 today and really love it but plan to get my CF next week as well.
Interesting!!! I will definitely try doing that- I wonder if they will allow me to exchange it *fingers crossed* i purchased in in late august

you should
Hi! I was referred to this forum because ya'll are apparently the Chanel EXPERTS hehe. I'm new to the Chanel universe and recently just bought my first 2 Chanel purchases! A card holder and the chanel 19 in black while on my bachelorette in Paris! However, I'm regretting the impulse purchase of the chanel 19 and trying to either trade it for a classic flap or sell it. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about either of these 2 strategies? Thank you!
Why would you want to sell the 19? It's very hard to get one from where I am at, even harder than the classic flap. Ia m also half guessing if the 19 will increase in price later. I will keep the 19 and then source for a pre loved classic flap for better value.