CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

I'm thinking about buying some chanel costume jewelry but can't find the specific models I found anywhere else online except for the listings I am interested in. Are some pieces just not sold online? I noticed some of the pieces I was looking at, like the chanel pearl necklace worn by Jennie from blackpink can't be found anywhere.

Reactions: Pchul
Hello all! I am planning on buying my first chanel bag in a couple of months and was wondering if there are bags other than Classic flaps that I should explore? I'd hopefully want to get a black classic medium flap in ghw or shw (I like them both :smile:!) but would like to know if there's any other lines that are similar in size (nothing bigger than medium size please!) that I should at least take a look at before completely zeroing on classic flaps! I am looking to buy something in caviar leather since I am not great at maintaining conditions and would like to actually use it!

New to TPF! So not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask :confused1: I am a newbie to the world of Chanel and want a beige or black 19 bag in the standard/small size really badly. According to the Chanel advisor I spoke to when I tried to call the boutique nearest my home, none are available in those colors currently. She told me even if it had been available, they would not allow me order by phone as a newcomer, which is disappointing. I told her I would be more than willing to drive the 1.5 hours to the nearest boutique (Orange County, CA), but would they hold it for me in the event it did become available since you also must make an appointment to even go in there at all, and there is no guarantee of getting a same-day appointment. She said no. I did see a thread on here from recently where someone tracked one down in a boutique. So I don't know if I was given inaccurate information or if I'm just not part of the "club" so they care more about their existing clients. If anyone would be willing to give me guidance on how to track down this bag for purchase, I would be grateful.

New to TPF! So not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask :confused1: I am a newbie to the world of Chanel and want a beige or black 19 bag in the standard/small size really badly. According to the Chanel advisor I spoke to when I tried to call the boutique nearest my home, none are available in those colors currently. She told me even if it had been available, they would not allow me order by phone as a newcomer, which is disappointing. I told her I would be more than willing to drive the 1.5 hours to the nearest boutique (Orange County, CA), but would they hold it for me in the event it did become available since you also must make an appointment to even go in there at all, and there is no guarantee of getting a same-day appointment. She said no. I did see a thread on here from recently where someone tracked one down in a boutique. So I don't know if I was given inaccurate information or if I'm just not part of the "club" so they care more about their existing clients. If anyone would be willing to give me guidance on how to track down this bag for purchase, I would be grateful.
This is only a small tip, but phone orders are only allowed for clients with a previous in-person purchase. I don’t think it is meant to be exclusionary, instead I believe they need to verify your identity and put you into the system before they can accept your order just through phone or text. Perhaps you can drive to the nearest boutique and have a list of a few smaller items that you like so that you are able to purchase something. Then you will be an established client in the system. However, it is also true that very in-demand items usually go to clients with a strong history with their SA first, but with Chanel it is certainly not impossible to buy a desired item without much purchase history. I would be pleasant and easy to deal with when you buy your item(s) in person and then ask that SA about your wishlist item. In the future, try to make your purchases from the same SA and they will look out for your shopping wishlist as well. I hope that helps. You can also follow the Chanel Boutiques Finds thread in this forum as people sometimes post HTF items that their SA has that day. Even if the exact bag you want is not available, you may see something similar that you love.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and Ruby5
Hi everyone! I'm new to TPF and wanted to ask a question. I'm going to Miami with some friends in June. I've been contemplating if I should bring a Chanel bag or not. I'm deciding between my mini red rectangular classic and my black gabrielle backpack. My classics are out of the question since I don't think I will be going to many fancy enough places for me to use it. Should I not be bringing a Chanel at all since I'm technically traveling (even tho its in the states)? If I do bring one which one do you guys think would be better?

This is only a small tip, but phone orders are only allowed for clients with a previous in-person purchase. I don’t think it is meant to be exclusionary, instead I believe they need to verify your identity and put you into the system before they can accept your order just through phone or text. Perhaps you can drive to the nearest boutique and have a list of a few smaller items that you like so that you are able to purchase something. Then you will be an established client in the system. However, it is also true that very in-demand items usually go to clients with a strong history with their SA first, but with Chanel it is certainly not impossible to buy a desired item without much purchase history. I would be pleasant and easy to deal with when you buy your item(s) in person and then ask that SA about your wishlist item. In the future, try to make your purchases from the same SA and they will look out for your shopping wishlist as well. I hope that helps. You can also follow the Chanel Boutiques Finds thread in this forum as people sometimes post HTF items that their SA has that day. Even if the exact bag you want is not available, you may see something similar that you love.

Thank you for your response! I will try to visit a store soon so I can get into the system and build a relationship with a SA.

Reactions: nicole0612
Hi everyone! I'm new to TPF and wanted to ask a question. I'm going to Miami with some friends in June. I've been contemplating if I should bring a Chanel bag or not. I'm deciding between my mini red rectangular classic and my black gabrielle backpack. My classics are out of the question since I don't think I will be going to many fancy enough places for me to use it. Should I not be bringing a Chanel at all since I'm technically traveling (even tho its in the states)? If I do bring one which one do you guys think would be better?
I would personally take the mini because smaller bags are easier to travel with. You can put it inside your carry on bag while you travel, which is an advantage for me. I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t bring a Chanel bag with you on your trip.

Hi I’m not sure if theirs a specific place for questions but I have one for you guys. I’m very interested in an iridescent chanel mini from the 20B collection. I was wondering if this is still in stores or if I would have to go through a reseller. Where I live their are 7 chanel boutiques so if it is available they get shipments quickly and I could ask around. I hope this isn’t a silly question. Thank you for anyone who responds!

I’m quiet new to Chanel.
I purchase a small Chanel filigree vanity case small in black recently and when I received it in the mail. I realized that the tag for this bag is from Chanel 2019C collection.
Is that normal to get the bag is still sitting there after 2 years? Because this is the only bag they have available now for black in small.

Random question: but for those of you who have sold Chanel bags in the past, how did you take photos of the serial sticker inside? I cannot for the life of me, get my phone or camera to focus lol. Please help :smile: