CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Hi everyone! I bought my first ever Chanel classic handbag in lamb skin leather last week. However, I have some concerns about the leather strap on my bag. I just noticed it today when my chain was folded as pictured. The edges/folds look somehow cut unevenly and it looks like it’s peeling off. Is this normal? Or am I being too finicky? Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• 9BA68414-8FE7-43A9-8ACB-3AB8571B7E65.png
    9BA68414-8FE7-43A9-8ACB-3AB8571B7E65.png
    793.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 97481FE4-C198-41AB-8FA3-59B8DD6AA11B.jpeg
    97481FE4-C198-41AB-8FA3-59B8DD6AA11B.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 9EE9CAC0-60E2-4B36-9E12-957F53694EAE.jpeg
    9EE9CAC0-60E2-4B36-9E12-957F53694EAE.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 93
I just got off the phone with Chanel. Supposedly the black will be returning and mostly in dept. stores. She really couldn’t tell me when though
Just as an update, no one and I mean NO ONE can find the small Gabrielle backpack in black. Fashionphile prices for the bag is insane. We just need to be patient and hope maybe it will be released with the fall/winter collection?

Reactions: bergafer3 and Pchul
Hi everyone! I bought my first ever Chanel classic handbag in lamb skin leather last week. However, I have some concerns about the leather strap on my bag. I just noticed it today when my chain was folded as pictured. The edges/folds look somehow cut unevenly and it looks like it’s peeling off. Is this normal? Or am I being too finicky? Thank you for your help!
That is not normal. Especially with what you paid for that classic. Show your SA and see what they say

That is not normal. Especially with what you paid for that classic. Show your SA and see what they say

Thanks for getting back to me! My SA got back to me today saying that my straps are "normal and all Chanel bags are done by hand and the leather is woven by hand". I'm not sure how to proceed now. Since this is my first Chanel, there's nothing I can compare it with and not really sure how to respond to her since I don't also know much about the quality of Chanel bags.

Reactions: Pchul
Do not worry @maz2007! The uneaven parts are normal. You won’t even notice it while wearing them. Here’s some photos of my medium and small flaps for reference.

AA45B7F8-9A4B-4681-A740-677B5CCB69E5.jpeg

6F5A6AB6-DBCE-4A94-A1FA-F9474A51AE5B.jpeg

Wear it and enjoy! If your strap ever have any issues or really do come apart, you can always bring it back to Chanel for repair with no problem. But it shouldn’t come apart. Hope this
eases your concerns

Guys, i have a question to ask. Should i get a preloved dark blue caviar medium classic flap or brand new reissue flap 225 in dark blue? It’s my first bag purchase, i found the caviar to be quite plasticky but it retains its value better than lambskin. But i love the turnlock feature. The 225, i love that it’s fuss free and the strap length can be worn crossbody. Please help me choose!

Question, Chanel’s been posting videos and pictures on their IG about the classic flap. In the most recent post, they mention the “11.12” bag in the caption... is this not just the classic flap? Or is “11.12” a name of it I’ve never heard of? View attachment 5048906

Strange. I feel like this is the start of them making the classic flapsextremely difficult to obtain— just like a Hermes Kelly or Birkin. I think they’re going to copy the Hermes playbook. Hope I’m wrong

• Sad
Reactions: platanoparty
I need some advice... I bought a Chanel classic flap today in black caviar leather with silver hardware from Harrods via their personal shopping option and from the receipt I can see the serial number starts with 29XXXXXX (so it was made in 2019).

Is it normal to be sold a bag that is already 2 years old?

I noticed that! I also saw it used a lot in their website - I am curious where this comes from. I wish they would elaborate - it’s always been known as the classic flap....
View attachment 5049778View attachment 5049779
View attachment 5049778View attachment 5049779

Ooh interesting, I didn’t see this! I wonder if they’re rebranding it?? But I have no idea what 11.12 would stand for. Is it a date like the 2.55? I don’t know, but this campaign does make me appreciate my classic flaps! That white one in the ads looks so pretty.

Hi everyone! I’m new to this thread. I have 2 medium classic flap in caviar (black and beige Claire) and the 19b red caviar also medium classic flap. I noticed the leather on the red bag is much softer leather compared to the other 2 which feels more stiff and durable. Does anybody know if the 19b red bags are pebbled calfskin or pebbled lambskin? My red bag feels soft like my mini o case which was labeled on the box to be pebbled lambskin.

Attachments

• F8F3BD81-8A89-4874-A3FD-5C5C19EBED18.jpeg
    F8F3BD81-8A89-4874-A3FD-5C5C19EBED18.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Di Michelle