CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Those stains would be a piece of cake for LS, but if that's the bag's only issue you might be able to take care of it yourself (if you're brave enough to try, lol). There's a thread somewhere on how to take care of and clean lambskin bags, but I can't recall the title.

Hi ironic568! LS mixed up my email enquiry with their another customer and they told me it would not worth the investment to send the bag to them from oversea for the spa service. So I was trying to clean it by myself. Although they later on came back to me and said that it was an misunderstanding and my bag could be cleaned with good result, now I wonder if I really need to send it to them. Please take a look:IMG_1513.jpgIMG_1517.jpgIMG_1512.jpg

Reactions: ironic568
Hi ironic568! LS mixed up my email enquiry with their another customer and they told me it would not worth the investment to send the bag to them from oversea for the spa service. So I was trying to clean it by myself. Although they later on came back to me and said that it was an misunderstanding and my bag could be cleaned with good result, now I wonder if I really need to send it to them. Please take a look:View attachment 4111674View attachment 4111675View attachment 4111678
Could you please let me know what you used to clean this bag. I've bought Collonil leather conditioner to use on my bags but didn't think about what to clean them with first. I'll check Collonil for this a s well.

Your Chanel looks fantastic btw, not a trace of the stain and a lovely sheen.

Could you please let me know what you used to clean this bag. I've bought Collonil leather conditioner to use on my bags but didn't think about what to clean them with first. I'll check Collonil for this a s well.

Your Chanel looks fantastic btw, not a trace of the stain and a lovely sheen.

Hi there! Thanks a lot!

I was brave because LS mixed up my message with another customer and I was desperate. So I googled and found this link:

http://suddenchic.com/how-to-clean-lambskin-chanel-bag-at-home/

I bought the Simple facial wipes as she did. I was thinking, even though if it didn’t work I could still send it to LS (They later on told me that my bag could be fixed easily with a spa service). But LS mentioned that red is a difficult color. What color is yours?

Reactions: ironic568
Thank you! To be honest I was trying to avoid that, because I don't look forward to trying to explain all these details over the phone with my miniscule Chanel knowledge :amuse: I can't find the hotline you mentioned but the France website has all the stores listed with their phone numbers so I'll try and give one a call.
Lol. It should be easy if you already know the model number of the so black SLG and they should be able to check if there's one in a different hardware. :smile: IIRC, the hotline number is usually posted alongside the store location (i.e. store locater tab).

Hi there! Thanks a lot!

I was brave because LS mixed up my message with another customer and I was desperate. So I googled and found this link:

http://suddenchic.com/how-to-clean-lambskin-chanel-bag-at-home/

I bought the Simple facial wipes as she did. I was thinking, even though if it didn’t work I could still send it to LS (They later on told me that my bag could be fixed easily with a spa service). But LS mentioned that red is a difficult color. What color is yours?
The bags/slg I have to clean before I condition them are mostly Balenciaga- so they are all lambskin even though this leather probably differs a lot from Chanel, it's distressed to start with.

I've heard about using facial or baby wipes before to clean bags but I've also heard the collective shrieks of those tPF:ers who say to "NEVER!!!" use them :confused1: :lol: But I think you've provided proof it works, on a lambskin Chanel no less.

I'm in the EU so will see what I can find here. Collonil also had some cleaning cream I could use before conditioning. My bags are not really dirty and the newer ones I guess I can just go ahead and condition.

Thank you for the advice :flowers:

Lol. It should be easy if you already know the model number of the so black SLG and they should be able to check if there's one in a different hardware. :smile: IIRC, the hotline number is usually posted alongside the store location (i.e. store locater tab).
Thank you, I just now called one of the stores in Paris and the SA was very helpful although our connection was really bad (:annoyed: Skype!). He said that the calfskin with dark metal 2.55 does not come in silver hardware, neither does the lambskin 2.55 with the back zipper this season, only gold. I guess this means I'll have to wait another season. The dark metal hardware just seems too unpredictable when it comes to chipping.

At least Chanel seem to put all their new bags/slg on their website, so you know when anything new is released. Balenciaga are driving me :panic: the way they sell their items in everybody else's web store but their own.

Reactions: bklner2014
The bags/slg I have to clean before I condition them are mostly Balenciaga- so they are all lambskin even though this leather probably differs a lot from Chanel, it's distressed to start with.

I've heard about using facial or baby wipes before to clean bags but I've also heard the collective shrieks of those tPF:ers who say to "NEVER!!!" use them :confused1: :lol: But I think you've provided proof it works, on a lambskin Chanel no less.

I'm in the EU so will see what I can find here. Collonil also had some cleaning cream I could use before conditioning. My bags are not really dirty and the newer ones I guess I can just go ahead and condition.

Thank you for the advice :flowers:

The facial wipes I used was the same brand as the link suggested, which is from UK. If I could get it easily in Hong Kong I think it is even easier for you to find it in EU. Good luck!

Thank you, I just now called one of the stores in Paris and the SA was very helpful although our connection was really bad (:annoyed: Skype!). He said that the calfskin with dark metal 2.55 does not come in silver hardware, neither does the lambskin 2.55 with the back zipper this season, only gold. I guess this means I'll have to wait another season. The dark metal hardware just seems too unpredictable when it comes to chipping.

At least Chanel seem to put all their new bags/slg on their website, so you know when anything new is released. Balenciaga are driving me :panic: the way they sell their items in everybody else's web store but their own.
Sorry that the combination you want is not available, but hopefully you will not have to wait too long! :smile:

Hi ironic568! LS mixed up my email enquiry with their another customer and they told me it would not worth the investment to send the bag to them from oversea for the spa service. So I was trying to clean it by myself. Although they later on came back to me and said that it was an misunderstanding and my bag could be cleaned with good result, now I wonder if I really need to send it to them. Please take a look:View attachment 4111674View attachment 4111675View attachment 4111678
Wow, you did that yourself? That's fantastic! No need to send it in anymore, IMO.
I would just enjoy the bag and use LG later on when and if the bag really needs a spa. As for now, I think it's in wonderful condition.

I have a question about the never-ending lambskin vs caviar debate and would love some input as I’m considering a bag that seems to only come in lambskin.

Everyone is freaking out about how easily the lambskin scratches and shows wear. But old lambskin bags from like the 90s look awesome right? Are newer lambskin bags not the same quality or do the marks/scratches just show a lot in the beginning and then even out?

I have a question about the never-ending lambskin vs caviar debate and would love some input as I’m considering a bag that seems to only come in lambskin.

Everyone is freaking out about how easily the lambskin scratches and shows wear. But old lambskin bags from like the 90s look awesome right? Are newer lambskin bags not the same quality or do the marks/scratches just show a lot in the beginning and then even out?
Good question! Re quality of old vs new lambskin, I can’t really be sure tbh. In my experience lambskin is not that delicate. I have a 1-series CF which was passed on from my mom recently and there was virtually no scratches/marks on it even though she used it fairly regularly throughout those years and definitely didn’t baby it at all. As for new, I’ve had my trendy CC for almost a year and it still looks brandnew. I used it 1-2 times a week and it went on crowded train, on the floor, in the rain, etc. But then again I’ve had it less than a year so not sure about the long run. Btw, I am one of those who do not buy caviar. I am very comfortable wearing lambskin bags and never find I need to baby them :smile:

Reactions: Iana24
@Panzanella Thank you so much for your input! I have a CF in caviar that I love already and the reason I’m asking is because I want a trendy WOC as they appear to only come in lambskin. So great to hear that your bag is holding up! I have a hard time being super careful with my bags as well, I don’t throw them around or anything but you know, life happens and it does rain unexpectedly sometimes[emoji28]

Reactions: Panzanella
Hey guys, so I just found an amazing vintage bag. From my research apparently it's a pretty rare one made between 96-97 (it's a small double sided flap in patent leather). I'm torn between a classic vintage lambskin flap or this.

I also have a classic vintage flap in white medium as well as a black rectangular mini in lambskin black for reference. What do you think? 1_f%20(1).jpg3_f%20(1).jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cheetah405