Chanel chain strap in caviar (help!)

MNM008

Aug 24, 2020
Hi guys!

I’ve just gotten my new small double flap in caviar and used it about twice.

Would just like to get some advice:
-Is it normal for the strap to be joined by different leather pieces (see pic 1). I understand from the SA that all bags have “endings” as shown in pic 2.
-I notice that the leather on my strap has thread like fibers popping out, is it normal?
Also, does anyone notice their chain-strap getting friction type wear (I’m guessing due to it rubbing against skin on the shoulder+ sweat?), or should the caviar straps be more resistant to such wear and tear?

Thanks in advance! ❤️

E10CB5A6-D7DA-4999-A809-80F3B61A40CA.jpeg

92181B1E-F767-4B69-92EC-A6F7D752B441.jpeg

71B2D7C4-FE2A-46D8-8C9D-106F25D11C1C.jpeg

Completely normal for the end piece of the leather. I could keep an eye out to see if it "fray" more. If it became excessive (like start doing it everywhere) then you can bring it back to Chanel. However a single piece is normal because the edge is just glue down and it from the leather. You can take a small scissor sharp scissor with very pointy end and carefully trim it if it really bother you. Personally I would leave it alone. Your strap will eventually wear but caviar is so hard wearing that honestly I don't think you need to worry at all. Enjoy your new bag

Reactions: OCMomof3
Yes it’s normal. It never used to be. I have a 2009 single flap jumbo where the strap is finished properly. Another sign of quality deterioration over the years.
However this is perfectly normal. Enjoy your bag.

It‘s totally normal! I usually take nail scissors and cut off the little frays if there are any. You don‘t notice them when you wear the bag but if there is one, I just know it is there so I cut it or else it drives me a lil nuts :lol:

Reactions: OCMomof3
Thanks for the replies, Ladies! I really appreciate it!❤️
How about the “friction” on the leather on the chain, I’ve used it only twice and some parts of the leather on the chains were not as polished as others. Not sure if it’s because of sweat and the chain rubbing on my shoulders, I think I wore a dress that didn’t cover my shoulders! Any tips on how to keep it looking fresh? ☺️

I also confirm it is normal - my accordion bag strap is also from 2 joined leather pieces.

Keep it fresh by cleaning and conditioning it. My bag is over 15 years old now and the straps are the last thing that ages and gets damaged.

Enjoy your bag :smile: