Chanel "Chain Me" Collection

photomj

Rocker Chic
O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
I can't believe no one is talking about this Collection yet! Apparently it just hit the stores and the bags are flying off the shelves!

The large Hobo, that I have pictured here in the Light Silver color, also comes in a Dark Grey which is very Gunmetal looking. This size is the size of the older Ultimate Soft Bag.

These bags are GORGEOUS in person. I want the large Hobo in the Dark Grey but am wondering if it's too similar to my Chain Around Maxi?

I think not!

There are several sizes available in both the Tote and Flap. The Hobo also comes in a smaller size. This is the large Hobo on me and I am 5'10" so it is a good size.

Let the obsessing begin!

Attachments

• large-hobo.jpg
    large-hobo.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 7,260
  • classic flap.jpg
    classic flap.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 5,710
  • large-tote.jpg
    large-tote.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 6,477
I just got a light silver color of the small hobo. The bag is very very light and the leather is scartch resistant. It is easy carry for the summer. The price is just 2/3 of the chain around collection. I had a chain around bag frew months ago, and I didn't really like it, because the bag is very heavy before I put my stuff in, so I decided to let it go on ebay.

I think the new "Chain Me " collection is a lot better than "Chain Around" collection.

I thought I was the only one that liked it. I know people saw it and gave it a thumbs down. I am waiting for the small white tote. I love the Ivory and gold and the black too.

I thought I was the only one that liked it. I know people saw it and gave it a thumbs down. I am waiting for the small white tote. I love the Ivory and gold and the black too.
OMG. I was sad today that NM didn't call me , they get orders on fridays. My bag is here and my wallet! Yay. My sa said it is amazing looking.
Ok, off to pick it up. I hope I love it IRL!
Can't wait for the wallet too. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::woot::woot:

I really love the hobo! Does anyone know the price on the largest size? I sold my ultimate soft and regret it- so this could be a great replacement!

Sjunky- I can't wait to see your goodies:woohoo:

I really love the hobo! Does anyone know the price on the largest size? I sold my ultimate soft and regret it- so this could be a great replacement!

Sjunky- I can't wait to see your goodies:woohoo:
wrong bag she had! It was the grey chic quilt. I am meeting a friend for lunch tomarrow and gonna think about it overnight. I am worried it will get trashed and be hard to keep clean. We will see. I am now waiting majorly for my chain me!!!

:sweatdrop: I am not good at the waiting game! With the prices the way they are for chanel, I am going to be much pickier and probably purchase only a bag or two a year. Good idea to sleep on it- I know it is meant to be if it keeps me awake at night:P
wrong bag she had! It was the grey chic quilt. I am meeting a friend for lunch tomarrow and gonna think about it overnight. I am worried it will get trashed and be hard to keep clean. We will see. I am now waiting majorly for my chain me!!!

Thanks gym- I am sending my SA a message right now;)
Large hobo is 2850. Medium is 2250.

There was also a beige one in this line! I saw the large and medium hobos in beige with gold hardware~~ But I was really wondering if it was washed caviar (like the SAs were saying) or if it was lambskin. It didn't have the texture of the regular caviar but not like my 11P baby blue washed caviar pst either... can someone clarify?

The one I absolutely love is the beige with gold hardware. I saw it in the Chanel boutique a few weeks ago and it is absolutely stunning.

photomj, I don't think the chain around maxi and the chain me hobo are similar at all. One is definitely more structured and the other more casual and slouchy. Both are great bags.

Ladies I got the tiny one yesterday, which is really cute. $1,700 and limited. Bergdorf's just put one out yesterday, and I couldn't resist. Looks great as messenger for day or evening, or works for dressier occasions. I got the silver metallic. I tried to get it at Saks but they didn't buy this little one.

There was also a beige one in this line! I saw the large and medium hobos in beige with gold hardware~~ But I was really wondering if it was washed caviar (like the SAs were saying) or if it was lambskin. It didn't have the texture of the regular caviar but not like my 11P baby blue washed caviar pst either... can someone clarify?

I know Saks is getting the hobo in the beige with gold hardware, but to clairify for you Sixela, they are not a washed caviar--it is smooth calfskin. Hope that helps!

I got the black tote with ghw...I love love love it! Great size- and much lighter than GST. I say it's at least worth looking at... I didn't buy any chain around because of the weight and I can say I'm really happy with this one!