Chanel buttons - help please!

AJ*chanel

Aug 1, 2008
I´m not sure wether this is the right place to post it, but here goes; I need to change the buttons on a vintage Chanel jacket. It only has three of the original eight buttons (plus one on the matching skirt). Do you know where I can purchase Chanel buttons, preferably over the internet as there is no Chanel store where I live.

TIA! :biggrin:

Hi AJ

I did some googling.. and found a site which may help you..

CHANEL Buttons For Sale

:smile:

Interesting. Curious why the seller didn't put a close up of the reverse of the buttons. Presumably they would know that being able to read the Chanel stamping might be important.

Saw a few buttons on the bay. Try searching and you might find a few in different styles. There are so many different buttons though, and in different sizes that it might be a challenge to match. Or you might just have to need to be patient for the right ones to surface.

Last edited:
New Chanel buttons do not have stamping on the back, making it difficult to authenticate. I do recognize some of the buttons in the website.

Why don't you go directly to Chanel boutique and order buttons? I'm sure this can be done and you will be confident that they are authentic.

New Chanel buttons do not have stamping on the back, making it difficult to authenticate. I do recognize some of the buttons in the website.

Why don't you go directly to Chanel boutique and order buttons? I'm sure this can be done and you will be confident that they are authentic.

I should probably do that. Thank you so much for the help! :biggrin:

My grandmother purchased buttons from this web site listed above(uniqueshoppes.com) and they are fake. She took them to the Chanel store to verify. They buy them from ioffer. They come from China. That must be why you dont see the backs of the buttons.