Chanel Bubble Bowler Bag... Yes or No?

I had the 09 Bubble Quilt bowler for a short while and did not find it
comfortable to hold.....the strap FOR ME was way too short.

It is adorable to look at though. But I learned the hard way that looks
alone are not enough to justify the price of these bags. Well, maybe
once...but not more than once! :biggrin:

Which season ones have the longest strap that can shoulder carry? I have seen people carrying bubble quilt bowler over the shoulder. But I dont know which season and it was dark green in colour.

I am crazy over bubble bowler and I am so glad someone started this thread!!!

I checked the info on the tag - and it IS an 08 fall bordeaux bowler! The info on the tag is: 08A A39698Y05112. As ssc0619 and mylilsnowy said, it fits comfortably over the shoulder. HTH!

Hey Chen, Thanks a mill for the info :smile:!!!

Yes I agree, the 08 bowlers are a tad nicer because being able to hold it over your shoulders just frees up so much space on your hands!!

Savvy- my personal opinion is to go with the burgundy. It's such a classy colour! I'm also a nude brown earthy colour person, but the red has a tad of sophistication to it! However, you should consider the fact that you can't use it over your shoulders.. if it bothers you (like it kinda does with me), and with the price tag on it, I'd say maybe hold out for the future season bowlers? :smile: Just my two cents.

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to see what your expert opinion is and if I should get this bag...

This bag is $2,995. The color is dark beige with gold hardware....

Does anyone have this bag? What do you think about the color? It comes in dark beige, black and red. Pro's and con's please?

Thank you!

Sweetsavvy, do you have pictures of the bags? I haven't seen the dark beige personally. Would love to see your options!

bg8q6v.jpg

Here is the dark beige, what do you think?

Last edited:
2rh1pah.jpg

Here is the dark beige but I am not crazy about how the bubbles look like... they look kind of squashed and vertical appearing in my opinion...

You're right. .the bubbles are squished vertically, not as pretty.
But are all the bags like that?

I recall seeing a few from my local stores and the bubble are full not quite like those in the picture. Perhaps you could ask to look at a few new ones? Maybe its the way they keep them folded.. (Im not sure what causes the vertical fold)

Grey looks really light in that picture, but so heavenly. Like a piece of squishy cloud :smile: However if its light coloured, easily dirtied, and since this is a casual bag, you want to be able to go places with it. I'd vote for something a little less maintenance.

I had one with the flat CC in a dark beige - I think is what they called the color. And loved the look but found getting stuff in and out to be a pain, plus I worried what it would look like in years to come - the over puffed quilting...would it deflate and look sad...so I returned it....

Gosh, I never thought about what the bubbles will look like 5-10 years down the road... I don't think they will deflate though since it is sewn a certain way. But I can be wrong...

I am looking to replace my bottega veneta hobo, since it def needs a break. I think this bag can be casual but with the right outfit, it can also be pizzazz!!

So what does the consensus say about the color options? It also comes in burgundy and black....

You're right. .the bubbles are squished vertically, not as pretty.
But are all the bags like that?

I recall seeing a few from my local stores and the bubble are full not quite like those in the picture. Perhaps you could ask to look at a few new ones? Maybe its the way they keep them folded.. (Im not sure what causes the vertical fold)

I honestly thought the bag looked like it was defective! It just looks bad... I'm having one shipped to the boutique, fingers crossed that the bubbles look good. All of the demos are perfect, but this one from the back & it was def looking crazzzyy....

Do you like the color in dark beige or another color? :graucho: