Chanel boy size confusion? :|

Heysexy

Dec 9, 2016
Hey guys. I want to get a new boy bag but I'm so confused on sizes.

What's the difference between medium and new medium and large?

Is new medium and large almost the same size?

Do all boy bags come in 4 sizes ?(including small)

Thanks in advance. :/

So I believe there are now 5 size boys....

Mini size measures 3.7H X 5.9W X 2.8D $3100
Small size measures 4.7H X 7.9W X 2.8D $4300
Old Medium measures 5.7H X 9.8W X 3.1D $4700
New Medium measures 6.9H X 11W X 3D $4900
Large size is now the maxi? This is the only size I'm not sure about as I'm too small for one this big but the rest of the sizes and measurements are correct :smile:

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Large size is the same as the New Medium size (with base price of $5,200)....they just re-named the sizes (and the Old Medium size is now referred to as Medium with a base price of $4,700). In the past, I have seen a size boy larger than the New Medium/Large, (called Jumbo, perhaps?)...but I haven't seen anything released in that size in a while. Using @stulevialauren's list above:

Old Medium NOW ALSO KNOWN AS MEDIUM measures 5.7H X 9.8W X 3.1D $4700
New Medium NOW ALSO KNOWN AS LARGE measures 6.9H X 11W X 3D $5200

All boys are seasonal and not all colors/styles are released in all sizes. HTH!

That's interesting. I wonder why they have created so many with not much size difference.

Has anyone got a pic of them wearing a new medium or large?

I believe it was because the "old medium" was too small but many found the "large" too big. plus the larger size was kinda of a different shape. So they made a "new" medium along the same lines of the old, just a bit bigger.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Large size is the same as the New Medium size (with base price of $5,200)....they just re-named the sizes (and the Old Medium size is now referred to as Medium with a base price of $4,700). In the past, I have seen a size boy larger than the New Medium/Large, (called Jumbo, perhaps?)...but I haven't seen anything released in that size in a while. Using @stulevialauren's list above:

Old Medium NOW ALSO KNOWN AS MEDIUM measures 5.7H X 9.8W X 3.1D $4700
New Medium NOW ALSO KNOWN AS LARGE measures 6.9H X 11W X 3D $5200

All boys are seasonal and not all colors/styles are released in all sizes. HTH!

I do believe you are correct, a lot of SA have started referring to "old" as just medium and "new" as large. But not all. When it doubt check prices or dimensions...lol.

FYI The mini boy is so small it doesn't even fit iPhone 6 (across or diagonally). Which means it is smaller than a mini classic flap. Such a shame because it is such a cute size to wear.

Check out the below thread. Also a couple of very old photos of me a year ago with the same boy bag in both small size and old medium size (i'm 5'8" tall). I was quite a bit heavier at size 8-10 compared to now where I lost about 2 sizes, so in the photo the bag hangs "higher" on my body compared to now it hangs lower on my hip bone when cross bodied. Something to consider beside height is the frame when determining how the bag would look on you as the chain is not that long so height & frame combo makes a big difference. HTH.

http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/boy-old-medium-vs-new-medium-size-comparison-on-53.864350/

old medium.jpg small boy.jpg