Chanel Boy Casual

They are both so gorgeous! The distressed brown is so unique.

Is the medium quilted calfskin Boy heavy? I've read conflicting opinions regarding the weight of the Medium Boy. I read that the chains are hollow so hopefully that won't add too much weight. I'm curious how many pounds it is, as well as how the weight compares to a Bal City for instance.

Thank you LocksAndKeys! I love both so much! I don't find the boys to be heavy. I don't have a regular Bal City, just with the giant 21 hardware-I'll compare the two tonight! To me, Bals are light in general and the City holds a lot more than a medium boy for sure!

Thank you LocksAndKeys! I love both so much! I don't find the boys to be heavy. I don't have a regular Bal City, just with the giant 21 hardware-I'll compare the two tonight! To me, Bals are light in general and the City holds a lot more than a medium boy for sure!
Great! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on weight after your comparison! :smile:

Great! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on weight after your comparison! :smile:

I did a rough comparison last night-just holding the boy in one hand and the bal in the other-so this may not be very accurate! The giant 21 velo is definitely heavier than the boy. The giant 21 city seems to be a little heavier!? It was hard to tell. I think what I realized though is that I almost never hold the boy in my hand and when I carry it on the shoulder it doesn't feel heavy. You can't really load up the medium quilted boy anyway. I've always been hand carrying my Bals. As a matter of fact, I stopped using my giant 21 velo because it is too heavy and the giant 21 city I've started using the shoulder strap more...Sorry this is probably not that helpful to you...

Is the medium quilted calfskin Boy heavy? I've read conflicting opinions regarding the weight of the Medium Boy. I read that the chains are hollow so hopefully that won't add too much weight. I'm curious how many pounds it is, as well as how the weight compares to a Bal City for instance.
I have both and honestly I thought the Boy would be heavier, but they are the same weight! Empty that is. Approx. 2.5lbs according to my scale.

If I loaded them up, the Bal city would weigh more because it can hold more. Also I find the Boy to feel quite light because, as Poohbag pointed out, it's carried on your shoulder versus the Bal city that I normally carry on my arm.

In regards to styling, oh my goodness the Boy can absolutely be worn as rocker chic! I've worn my pony haired one with my leather motorcycle jacket, skinny jeans and boots.

I did a rough comparison last night-just holding the boy in one hand and the bal in the other-so this may not be very accurate! The giant 21 velo is definitely heavier than the boy. The giant 21 city seems to be a little heavier!? It was hard to tell. I think what I realized though is that I almost never hold the boy in my hand and when I carry it on the shoulder it doesn't feel heavy. You can't really load up the medium quilted boy anyway. I've always been hand carrying my Bals. As a matter of fact, I stopped using my giant 21 velo because it is too heavy and the giant 21 city I've started using the shoulder strap more...Sorry this is probably not that helpful to you...

I have both and honestly I thought the Boy would be heavier, but they are the same weight! Empty that is. Approx. 2.5lbs according to my scale.

If I loaded them up, the Bal city would weigh more because it can hold more. Also I find the Boy to feel quite light because, as Poohbag pointed out, it's carried on your shoulder versus the Bal city that I normally carry on my arm.

In regards to styling, oh my goodness the Boy can absolutely be worn as rocker chic! I've worn my pony haired one with my leather motorcycle jacket, skinny jeans and boots.

Thank you so much for the detailed responses, ladies! I definitely think I need to get the Boy now. Out of every Chanel bag, it is the one that is the most my style. Hopefully I can track one down!