Chanel Beige Clair Lambskin

Hi Chanel lovers my question is for those who own a Chanel Beige Clair in Lambskin .. do you regret it? Do you wish you got Caviar instead? How old? Thank you!

It depends on what you want to use it for: special occasion or every day. It also depends on how much you want to carry and how much you are willing to let the bag be "loved".

I have a medium beige claire lamb cf, which I got in 2015. Stunning bag, but for me it isn't practical as an every day (or day to evening) bag. Where I live it can rain unexpectedly, and I do not know if rain would stain (my caviar handles the rain just fine) .. The bag also gets mild color transfer on the back (light caviar would too, just more confidence wiping it). It doesn't hold that much though(wallet, keys, lipstick, phone, glasses and MAYBE sunnies). It is a beautiful, lux looking bag so I will keep it and enjoy it (as opposed to keeping it in the closet).

That said, I have to say that after 2 years, it still looks like a million bucks :smile:

If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten the jumbo in caviar, but that is just how I personally use a bag.

Reactions: V3dvd
It depends on what you want to use it for: special occasion or every day. It also depends on how much you want to carry and how much you are willing to let the bag be "loved".

I have a medium beige claire lamb cf, which I got in 2015. Stunning bag, but for me it isn't practical as an every day (or day to evening) bag. Where I live it can rain unexpectedly, and I do not know if rain would stain (my caviar handles the rain just fine) .. The bag also gets mild color transfer on the back (light caviar would too, just more confidence wiping it). It doesn't hold that much though(wallet, keys, lipstick, phone, glasses and MAYBE sunnies). It is a beautiful, lux looking bag so I will keep it and enjoy it (as opposed to keeping it in the closet).

That said, I have to say that after 2 years, it still looks like a million bucks :smile:

If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten the jumbo in caviar, but that is just how I personally use a bag.
Thank you so much! Yes it would strictly only be be for special Occassions as the whole colour transfer thing scares me and I am OCD about that kind of stuff but she is just sooo beautiful and elegant that I feel need her to make my collection complete! Everyone has said Caviar but Caviar just doesn't feel or look as luxurious as lamb! It's why I am so torn. I have either option available both in gwh so just need to commit!

Reactions: GalaB
Thank you so much! Yes it would strictly only be be for special Occassions as the whole colour transfer thing scares me and I am OCD about that kind of stuff but she is just sooo beautiful and elegant that I feel need her to make my collection complete! Everyone has said Caviar but Caviar just doesn't feel or look as luxurious as lamb! It's why I am so torn. I have either option available both in gwh so just need to commit!
And not regret my decision later. And if I do regret and want to sell the lambskin does not hold its value on the preloved market any where near as well as the Caviar (which is a lot harder to find also and sells for more in pristine condition I've noticed at times) so hoping anyone's advice is so helpful. I do not wish to sell later but only if I regret it

And not regret my decision later. And if I do regret and want to sell the lambskin does not hold its value on the preloved market any where near as well as the Caviar (which is a lot harder to find also and sells for more in pristine condition I've noticed at times) so hoping anyone's advice is so helpful. I do not wish to sell later but only if I regret it

When I get home, I will post some photos of what my beige claire lamb currently looks like, namely what I am calling "color transfer" on the back.

When I get home, I will post some photos of what my beige claire lamb currently looks like, namely what I am calling "color transfer" on the back.

Attachments

• 20170507_065044.jpg
    20170507_065044.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 20170506_201655.jpg
    20170506_201655.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,061
  • 20170506_201738.jpg
    20170506_201738.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 20170506_201646.jpg
    20170506_201646.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,061
  • 20170506_201735.jpg
    20170506_201735.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,075
There is bubble wrap on the shelf behind :smile: when I travel with the bag, I put it in the dustbag, then roll the bag in a long piece of bubble wrap and put rubber bands around. That way I can throw it in my GST and not have to worry about getting marks on it.

Reactions: Dluvch and V3dvd
Omgggg She is absolutely stunning!!! Thank you for sending these pictures! I have ordered mine now and I ended up picking the Caviar As I have young children and after reading someone got colour transfer from the black leather car seats in their car I made decision to go with Caviar but I will forever hold that stunning lambskin in my heart lol i hope I have made the right choice. I ordered interstate so should arrive end of this week-fingers crossed!!!

Omgggg She is absolutely stunning!!! Thank you for sending these pictures! I have ordered mine now and I ended up picking the Caviar As I have young children and after reading someone got colour transfer from the black leather car seats in their car I made decision to go with Caviar but I will forever hold that stunning lambskin in my heart lol i hope I have made the right choice. I ordered interstate so should arrive end of this week-fingers crossed!!!

You will love the caviar. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten caviar.

Hi this is an old thread but evergreen question so I would like to contribute my 2cts :smile: I totally regretted my beige clair lambskin - when she was ruined by a moment of carelessness. Lambskin is so buttery n beautiful but alas too delicate. The nail polish removal stain left on the flap by my dear manicurist was impossible to remove. She had chemical residue on her fingers n left them on my bag when she helped me to open the flap to retrieve the wallet.

You can imagine my heartbreak.

I am now contemplating getting beige Clair in caviar because I miss beige Clair with ghw so much. I'm very careful with my bags but I do want to feel carefree on some days n not worry about delicate bags that bring me more grief than the initial joy.

Sometimes me and my girlfriends joke about our purses being hot boyfriends vs good husbands. Should we choose one that can withstand the test of time or one that steal our hearts now but can potentially break it lol.

Haha Daosabao I love that analogy! I know exactly what you mean about the hot bfs and reliable husbands!

I think I prefer most light and coloured Chanel bags (basically other than black) in lambskin leather as the colour and softness of the leather shows up so much better.

I did however buy my beige clair classic flap medium in the caviar leather as I felt it would age much better and I wouldn't have to baby the bag. To me, if the beige clair classic flap looks 100% beautiful in lambskin then it looks 90% beautiful in caviar so I think I marginally prefer the look of the bag in lambskin!

This is very belated but here is a quick pic of my new beige clair in Caviar with ghw. Thank you for all the kind advice and horror story!! I would be so devastated if I got a stain on my bag ;( I am loving loving this bag and although I love lamb skin more I think in this combo the Caviar is definitely the way to go as I want to wear and I wear it with a lot more ease :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_5515.JPG
    IMG_5515.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 642