Chanel bag with PRESS or SAMPLE tag?

megan_jock

Feb 24, 2017
Hello. Any recent experience on acquiring a Chanel bag with PRESS or SAMPLE leather tab on them? Did thorough research here in Purse Forum but no recent experience.

Are these bags considered authentic?

Hello. Any recent experience on acquiring a Chanel bag with PRESS or SAMPLE leather tab on them? Did thorough research here in Purse Forum but no recent experience.

Are these bags considered authentic?
I have received on before, and TRR didn't disclosed that it was such. In Europe (not sure if they still do this) boutiques used to have specific floor samples for people to handle that were not for sale (like Hermes does). Sometimes those bags weren't completely finished either. Bags that have an X on the inside Chanel tag are also employee sale bags.

Regardless, those typically have a much lower resale than ones that are not models/ samples/ employee purchases.

I have received on before, and TRR didn't disclosed that it was such. In Europe (not sure if they still do this) boutiques used to have specific floor samples for people to handle that were not for sale (like Hermes does). Sometimes those bags weren't completely finished either. Bags that have an X on the inside Chanel tag are also employee sale bags.

Regardless, those typically have a much lower resale than ones that are not models/ samples/ employee purchases.
Thanks for this information! So indeed, the bag is considered authentic?

I am a Chanel collector and it’s the first time I encounter this bag. Absolutely no red flag save for the PRESS leather tag stitched inside the pocket.

Thanks for this information! So indeed, the bag is considered authentic?

I am a Chanel collector and it’s the first time I encounter this bag. Absolutely no red flag save for the PRESS leather tag stitched inside the pocket.
Best to have it professionally authenticated!!

I recently acquired a Trendy CC sample and it definitely is authentic. These bags usually don’t come with any accessories or serial number but you can get lucky acquiring something only you will own. I paid a comparably low price, though. Since people think the serial number and card make a bag authentic, the bags are harder to sell. If you switch bags often it might be worth considering - it often takes a real Chanel lover to appreciate the uniqueness.

I recently acquired a Trendy CC sample and it definitely is authentic. These bags usually don’t come with any accessories or serial number but you can get lucky acquiring something only you will own. I paid a comparably low price, though. Since people think the serial number and card make a bag authentic, the bags are harder to sell. If you switch bags often it might be worth considering - it often takes a real Chanel lover to appreciate the uniqueness.
Thank you! :smile: mine has hologram intact. I did compare it to my other bags and absolutely no red flag apart from the PRESS tag :smile: The PRESS tag is very similar to the Chanel leather tag inside a Boy Bag. Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: pinkorchid20