Chanel Bag - tracking says item signed for but did not receive

Loren8443

Nov 26, 2010
I purchased a Chanel WOC and the seller sent it using signature confirmation using USPS. This morning I checked the tracking number and it says "item delivered, left with individual".... but I don't have the package! The USPS site says "signed for by B C" and those aren't my initials. Does this mean the postal carrier signed for it? There is absolutely nobody else in my household who could've signed for it (husband is out of town). If the package never shows up, am I out of luck because the package was signed for, even though it wasn't by me? Please help, I'm freaking out.

I suggest you visit the Post office, show them the tracking and ask where your package is. Does it show delivered in your zip code?

I purchased a Chanel WOC and the seller sent it using signature confirmation using USPS. This morning I checked the tracking number and it says "item delivered, left with individual".... but I don't have the package! The USPS site says "signed for by B C" and those aren't my initials. Does this mean the postal carrier signed for it? There is absolutely nobody else in my household who could've signed for it (husband is out of town). If the package never shows up, am I out of luck because the package was signed for, even though it wasn't by me? Please help, I'm freaking out.

The complete address is correct? I'd definitely go to the post office with what you have to find out what happened and go from there.
Good luck & keep us posted!

So I went to the post office to speak with the supervisor and told her what happened. She tried calling the postal carrier while I was in her office, but he wasn't picking up his phone so she said she'd give me a call later on once she had the opportunity to speak with him. In the mean time I went to the grocery store to get food for dinner. While I was away, the postal carrier went to my house and spoke with my husband and admitted that he forged my signature "as a courtesy" so he wouldn't disturb anyone who may be home during the delivery. My husband just told the carrier that we didn't receive the package and then the carrier left. Once I got home and started preparing dinner, I get a call from the supervisor apologizing about the carrier forging my signature and said she was happy we found the package. I told her we never found the package.... turns out the carrier lied to his boss saying that my husband told him we found it. 20 minutes later, the postal carrier came back to our house and I had the opportunity to speak with him. He basically implied we were lying and said he would no longer be able to deliver packages to our home from now on and we'd have to pick them up at the post office ourselves. I asked him why he'd forge signatures and leave packages on doorsteps when there are cars parked in the driveway and people are clearly home?! We just moved into a new home 2 months ago, and he is a new carrier for us. I do most of my shopping online and have not had problems at my previous residence... postal carrier always knocked on the door and never forged any signatures. The carrier asked me why I had this particular package go missing and not others... I showed him my eBay account and how I had issues with 2 other packages in the last 2 months... one never arrived and another arrived broken. The carrier was so rude and condescending that my husband called the post office supervisor to complain, but she never picked up the phone.

I don't know exactly what will happen from here... but the postal carrier ADMITTED to forging my signature and then LIED to his boss saying my husband found the package when he did not. On top of that, he has the nerve to try and intimidate us saying we won't be able to get packages delivered to our home anymore. I understand that mail fraud happens, but he is in the wrong and this is not my fault. I told the carrier that I had another Chanel bag delivered with signature confirmation last week and I had my husband go into work late that day just so he'd be home to sign for it. I asked him why he had my husband sign for that bag yet didn't request a signature for this one.

All I care about is getting my money back. I'd also love not to have to deal with this particular postal carrier again. :sad:

I would file a police report and also file another one with the post office for forgery of signature and non delivery of package. I would not play nice with the PO. They are going to try to save themselves on this one. I would also record any conversation on your phone that you may have with the PO people. I don't know if you are able to go higher up then e local post office to do this or if you have to do it there and who knows if they will even file a report. Get copies of anything you file. Copies and take pictures on your phone too.

It sounds like the carrier is lying and his boss is going to believe in what he says because she would probably be stuck with dealing with this mess.

Just file any reports necessary as soon as possible because the next thing they will say is why didn't you file a police report or post office forgery of signature and no package received and theft of your package. The package was in their hands and signature was forged. I find it hard they can get away with this so easily. I don't know if you can file a report with higher ups in the post office that oversee the local office. They need to do the right thing versus lie and cover it up with more lies.

I would,file a,police report first and go to the post office with the report to let them know you are not one to be taken advantage of. List everything they said and did.

So I went to the post office to speak with the supervisor and told her what happened. She tried calling the postal carrier while I was in her office, but he wasn't picking up his phone so she said she'd give me a call later on once she had the opportunity to speak with him. In the mean time I went to the grocery store to get food for dinner. While I was away, the postal carrier went to my house and spoke with my husband and admitted that he forged my signature "as a courtesy" so he wouldn't disturb anyone who may be home during the delivery. My husband just told the carrier that we didn't receive the package and then the carrier left. Once I got home and started preparing dinner, I get a call from the supervisor apologizing about the carrier forging my signature and said she was happy we found the package. I told her we never found the package.... turns out the carrier lied to his boss saying that my husband told him we found it. 20 minutes later, the postal carrier came back to our house and I had the opportunity to speak with him. He basically implied we were lying and said he would no longer be able to deliver packages to our home from now on and we'd have to pick them up at the post office ourselves. I asked him why he'd forge signatures and leave packages on doorsteps when there are cars parked in the driveway and people are clearly home?! We just moved into a new home 2 months ago, and he is a new carrier for us. I do most of my shopping online and have not had problems at my previous residence... postal carrier always knocked on the door and never forged any signatures. The carrier asked me why I had this particular package go missing and not others... I showed him my eBay account and how I had issues with 2 other packages in the last 2 months... one never arrived and another arrived broken. The carrier was so rude and condescending that my husband called the post office supervisor to complain, but she never picked up the phone.

I don't know exactly what will happen from here... but the postal carrier ADMITTED to forging my signature and then LIED to his boss saying my husband found the package when he did not. On top of that, he has the nerve to try and intimidate us saying we won't be able to get packages delivered to our home anymore. I understand that mail fraud happens, but he is in the wrong and this is not my fault. I told the carrier that I had another Chanel bag delivered with signature confirmation last week and I had my husband go into work late that day just so he'd be home to sign for it. I asked him why he had my husband sign for that bag yet didn't request a signature for this one.

All I care about is getting my money back. I'd also love not to have to deal with this particular postal carrier again. :sad:
OMG! I could feel my blood pressure rising as a read your post!

WTF would a carrier leave a package (valuable item or not) at this time of year?!?!? Every day, there are news reports and videos of thieves stealing packages off porches!

1. The carrier didn't even attempt to check whether anyone was home to sign for the package
2. He admitted to forging your signature
3. The carrier lied to the supervisor claiming that the package was located
4. The carrier threatened you with not delivering your mail.
5. His supervisor ignored your followup phone call.

I'd do two things.

Go to USPS.com and look up the direct number (not the 1800 number) to the distribution hub that handles the mail for your zip code. (If you don't know how to look it up, PM me.) First thing in the morning, call before 7 am (local time) when carriers and supervisor are collecting mail for the day and still in the office.

Call and speak to the postmaster, let him know what happened and make it very clear that you will be filing a police report, both for the theft from your home as well as the admitted forgery by the postal employee who delivers your mail.

Then make a trip to the post office to speak (in person) to his supervisor. It's too easy for them to ignore a ringing phone but if you're there, it's harder to walk away!

Tell her that you spoke to the postmaster and repeat what you are going to do.

When postal labels are purchased, the shipper/seller has paid nearly $3 (slightly less for online purchase) and they expect that the service for which they've paid will be performed!

If that package isn't located, IMO, they owe you the money you're out.

Wondering if the carrier may have wanted a nice Chanel bag?

Agree with what has been said. File every report you can. Forging your signature is a big no no. How can the USPS allow that? The carrier knew someone was likely there so this was done purposely.
Good luck. You have received really good advice here.

When a carrier scans your package, do you think the insurance value shows up? I mean, this carrier must handle hundreds of packages a day, how does he know to steal this one (if he did)?

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
He still committed a crime in forging the signature, didn't he?
The reason I said that is because he was so defensive and lied more than once. Seemed over-kill when he knew the OP could tell the supervisor that they had not found the package.
Either way, he is responsible, you are correct!

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Even if your package shows up - Definitely go up the ladder at the post office until the postal inspectors get involved. They are federal agents and will conduct their own investigation. What this mail carrier did was wrong wrong wrong.