Chanel Backpack "insignia" question

pocketcity

Aug 7, 2009
Hi, I sold a back pack on ebay recently and the bidder is returning the bag (which is not a problem at all). I asked what the problem was and they said this one didn't have insignias on the CC logo like another one they have. I don't know if they were referring to another backpack or just a normal bag. Also, I presume they are talking about the stamp on the top left. I have sold a few of these and they have all had that stamp in that place. The item # is x. Anyone able to spread some wisdom over this one. Thanks in advance.

xxxx
members are not allowed to post their eBay auctions or IDs here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I sold a back pack on ebay recently and the bidder is returning the bag (which is not a problem at all). I asked what the problem was and they said this one didn't have insignias on the CC logo like another one they have. I don't know if they were referring to another backpack or just a normal bag. Also, I presume they are talking about the stamp on the top left. I have sold a few of these and they have all had that stamp in that place. The item # is x. Anyone able to spread some wisdom over this one. Thanks in advance.

xxxx
members are not allowed to post their eBay auctions or IDs here.

Pocketcity, you are probably dealing with an inexperienced buyer who does not know about having items checked for authentification.

As Nat suggested, you should look at the documenting markings over time. You can see some gold mark stamps or insignias on these. Some people believe that they can only have a mark in a particular place eg, top left. But this is not true for all bags. The mark is moved around from time to time and the design of the mark has also changed. But the marks all have to be in the right place for the model and time of manufacture for the bag.

The bad news mark is an R on the actual CCs. It definitely means fake.

If I am selling a bag, particularly an unusual one, I get it authenticated by caroldiva.com Carol does a very fast, inexpensive, authentification process for sellers. I like doing this because it takes any question of a buyer wanting to claim an item is fake out of the transaction. The service here on the purse forum is for buyers.