Chanel 2.55 reissue or Dior saddle bag?

milkrun

Jul 24, 2018
Guys its been a while since I last purchased a bag and i’ve also been scaling down to the bags I have a keen eye on.

Im really interested in these two but my bank says i can only afford one for now.

While chanel 2.55 reissue 225/226 is priced higher than the dior saddle, one compelling reason i am leaning towards getting the chanel bag is because of the price increase. I dont wanna fork out additional money buying a chanel a few years later when i can get it now.

On the other hand, the dior saddle is calling my name and im really attracted to how it can be worn casually and for evening wear as well, even though my SO says it looks like a liver bag haha!

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated!

I personally think the Chanel is a better choice in the long haul. I remember when the first Saddle bags were in style and when they went out of style, you barely could get .10 price for it. Not that you should care about resale value but that is an indicator of popularity/current fashion mood.

If you are the one who wears the latest and greatest of the fashion and cycle out your bags and replace with the next IT bag go for Dior, if you buy and hold on to your bag forever then Chanel reissue would be a good choice.

I personally think the Chanel is a better choice in the long haul. I remember when the first Saddle bags were in style and when they went out of style, you barely could get .10 price for it. Not that you should care about resale value but that is an indicator of popularity/current fashion mood.

If you are the one who wears the latest and greatest of the fashion and cycle out your bags and replace with the next IT bag go for Dior, if you buy and hold on to your bag forever then Chanel reissue would be a good choice.
I second this. I remember when the door saddle bag was popular in the 90s. It went out of style pretty quickly like after a couple years. When I first heard it was coming back, I looked at the reseller sites and you could easily get one for under $100. Then a couple months later, they all increased into the thousands. I thought about getting it when it was less but I don't care to carry the IT bag since all my previous IT bags are now collecting dust . If you want a forever bag, get the reissue.

Reactions: OCMomof3
Hmm.

To me the Reissue is more on par with the Lady Dior in terms of being a classic style and can also go from day to night. I have a 226 and it's a really nice size – can fit a fair amount in without it being too big. It's also more understated which I like but it really depends on your personal style. Depending on your work, you could take a Reissue into work and then out at night but the Saddle bag doesn't really seem like it has that versatility (to me, it would work better for the weekend.)

And as AmeeLVSBags says the saddle bag has come in and out. I used to work in a consignment store and we had a few Dior saddle bags sitting there. If you like that equestrian vibe, Hermes or even Gucci horsebit seem like they have more staying power.

Thanks everyone for your responses! Seems lime a majority of u are saying i should go for the chanel 2.55 reissue. I’ll drop by chanel when i head over to spain next week :biggrin:

I have both bags. I love them both! I understand the attraction to the Dior saddle bag. It's exciting, fun, and crazy :P. But I say go with the Chanel reissue. It's stable, sensible, and lasting . ;)

Reactions: MahaM
Guys its been a while since I last purchased a bag and i’ve also been scaling down to the bags I have a keen eye on.

Im really interested in these two but my bank says i can only afford one for now.

While chanel 2.55 reissue 225/226 is priced higher than the dior saddle, one compelling reason i am leaning towards getting the chanel bag is because of the price increase. I dont wanna fork out additional money buying a chanel a few years later when i can get it now.

On the other hand, the dior saddle is calling my name and im really attracted to how it can be worn casually and for evening wear as well, even though my SO says it looks like a liver bag haha!

Like most if the replies to your post, I too vote reissue. So classic! I just purchased the 226 GHW and love it. I saved $2500 going the preloved route and it’s in sublime condition.

Both are nice bags.
If I have an option between the 2 bags I will choose the reissue 2.55 .
I got the Dior Saddle bag and love it ,but the 2.55 bag is very high on my wish list.
I had the chance to get the Saddle bag so I took it. The 2.55 is much higher in price nearly double the prize and it was not available in the combination I want.

So, if you found a 2.55 what you really love just get. It is a classic and it will really go well with whatever you wear casual or formal.

But did you determine the size you want?