Chanel 19 wear and tear

So my 19 is a black goatskin, but I feel that the “rules” for a light lambskin bag would be the same as for any other light bag. No denim, and any clothing that is super dark and/or not colorfast.

I personally don’t pair light bags with any colorful clothing that hasn’t been washed before. I would expect a pink bag if it rubbed against a new red shirt, for example!

Enjoy your light bags! Enjoy lambskin! Just be aware. :smile:

I was strongly considering the 22c grey, but after seeing it in the store decided to admire it from afar. It is definitely not a care-free everyday bag in light colored lamb skin.

Reactions: Cascadian
I also have 19 in black goatskin, and it scratches pretty easily in my opinion. I heard the 19 in lambskin is less delicate than other lambskin bags though. In terms of colour transfer, I’d think a light colour 19 is as prone to colour transfer as any other light colour bag though.

Hi ladies,
I just got a Chanel 19 pre loved and am wondering how it has held up for you.
Do you apply any leather conditioners to keep the leather supple? I have a bad insert to help keep the shape.

Last edited:
I just bought mine new a few weeks ago and have used it every day since. The good news is that the lambskin seems incredibly durable - I have two young kids and we’re constantly out and about. My younger daughter loves my bags and even managed to get her hands on this one and dragged it around the house before I realized that she had it (have definitely been more careful with putting it away since, but still - no scratches or anything!). It’s starting to get a bit slouchy though and I am patiently waiting for my insert to arrive. All in all I am super super pleased with its durability.

I just bought mine new a few weeks ago and have used it every day since. The good news is that the lambskin seems incredibly durable - I have two young kids and we’re constantly out and about. My younger daughter loves my bags and even managed to get her hands on this one and dragged it around the house before I realized that she had it (have definitely been more careful with putting it away since, but still - no scratches or anything!). It’s starting to get a bit slouchy though and I am patiently waiting for my insert to arrive. All in all I am super super pleased with its durability.
Thanks for the review. Definitely is helpful as I have the lamb skin as well. The leather is so soft I assume it’s high maintenance but glad to hear it holds up well. Enjoy your bag

It took me so long until I am brave enough to get 19 because of lambskin. I bought it brand new last May and wear it couple of times. I use bag organizer and so far no scratches and the shape still like new. Yes, I am amazed with the durability of 19 lambskin. I have mini flap in lambskin and it feels so delicate, but lambskin on 19 feels sturdier. It became my new love. Maybe one day I will add in bigger size. It will be perfect for work.
Here is from last Saturday. :love:
50A25EBC-B549-48BE-8495-9BF369CC1639.jpeg

It took me so long until I am brave enough to get 19 because of lambskin. I bought it brand new last May and wear it couple of times. I use bag organizer and so far no scratches and the shape still like new. Yes, I am amazed with the durability of 19 lambskin. I have mini flap in lambskin and it feels so delicate, but lambskin on 19 feels sturdier. It became my new love. Maybe one day I will add in bigger size. It will be perfect for work.
Here is from last Saturday. :love:
View attachment 5608733
Oh be still my heart, what a beauty! I’m so happy to hear it’s worked out for you. I’ve avoided lamb skin for the same reasons in the past. Enjoy the gorgeous 19!

Reactions: balen.girl
Hi ladies,
Do you apply any leather conditioners to keep the leather supple? I have a bad insert to help keep the shape.
I babyspa it myself w conditioner. I don’t that very often.
I display my bag in display cabinet with dehumidifier near my bag.

When my bag is not in use I will put the bag pillow in it. I will also stuff hanky at the back pocket to prevent bottom to turn ugly. Idk how to say it’s like sink in due to the material too.

My nephew pinched my bag real hard and lucky it didn’t leave any damage. So I’ll say this 19bag has better lambskin :P

Enjoy ur bag.

I babyspa it myself w conditioner. I don’t that very often.
I display my bag in display cabinet with dehumidifier near my bag.

When my bag is not in use I will put the bag pillow in it. I will also stuff hanky at the back pocket to prevent bottom to turn ugly. Idk how to say it’s like sink in due to the material too.

My nephew pinched my bag real hard and lucky it didn’t leave any damage. So I’ll say this 19bag has better lambskin :P

Enjoy ur bag.
Sounds like you take great care of your bags! Can I ask what type of conditioner you use? I have a dark beige so I’m worried that the conditioner may leave a stain.

Reactions: sphere99
I have a small goatskin 19 that I’ve had for a couple of years now. It’s my most carefree and most used Chanel bag but I don’t throw it around. I don’t have a bag shaper in it. I don’t overfill it either, so it’s shape is okay. No wear and tear to the corners or scratches. I feel that the lambskin ones looks more structured than the goat.

Reactions: Ds76 and OCMomof3
Hi ladies,
The lambskin on the 19 has some kind of surface treatment that makes it very robust, though less natural. Therefore it‘s not prone to scratches and such at all.