Votes: 40 64.5%
  • Chanel 19 small in lambskin in black

Votes: 22 35.5%

• Total voters

honolulu168

Little sheep 988
O.G.
May 17, 2008
Hello! Which one will you pick? Would you think coco handle is a classic line Chanel? How about Chanel 19?
The cons of coco handle in mini is that I can't wear crossbody (but I think I am able to add strap extender) . The cons of Chanel 19 is that 1) trendy bag, also lambskin not so durable.
Thank you very much!

I think this all depends on what your needs are for this bag. Are you looking for an everyday casual bag or an occasional use bag? Is crossbody important for you?
I have the 19 lambskin in the dark beige from the 20C collection and I have to say it’s different than the lambskin of the classic flaps. It’s quite durable and so far resistant to scratches and wear. It’s a great crossbody bag for me and I find the back outside pocket very handy. The top handle chain is also useful for grab and go.
I do not own the coco handle yet but it is on my wishlist as my next Chanel bag. The mini size cannot really be worn crossbody and yes, some use a strap extender to enable as crossbody. The handle however I have heard can bump into your side when crossbody, but it may depend on your height. I really think the coco handle being such a structured bag and it’s silhouette being so classic, looks much better as a hand carry or shoulder bag. Also, just because the coco handle is caviar, it still is prone to wear on the corners. For this reason, I favor the 19 as a more carefree bag as it’s soft, slouchy and sits closer to the body (but again, I don’t have this bag to be certain). I think the 19 though is a trendier bag and not everyone is a fan with the bulkier chain and design. I love mine because it suits my style and I find it very practical.
So, in the end, without knowing anything about you, between these two, I think most people will likely vote for the coco handle for its classic and timeless design and reasonable-for-Chanel price point. Hence, I would choose this between the two. However, if you love the 19 trend as much as I do (I have two of them), then don’t be afraid of the lambskin as it’s much more sturdy than expected. FYI, the 19 also comes out in goatskin depending on the season. I hope this helps. Have fun deciding!

Thank you very much, Tinder!!! I will go to Chanel and tried both of them.

I think this all depends on what your needs are for this bag. Are you looking for an everyday casual bag or an occasional use bag? Is crossbody important for you?
I have the 19 lambskin in the dark beige from the 20C collection and I have to say it’s different than the lambskin of the classic flaps. It’s quite durable and so far resistant to scratches and wear. It’s a great crossbody bag for me and I find the back outside pocket very handy. The top handle chain is also useful for grab and go.
I do not own the coco handle yet but it is on my wishlist as my next Chanel bag. The mini size cannot really be worn crossbody and yes, some use a strap extender to enable as crossbody. The handle however I have heard can bump into your side when crossbody, but it may depend on your height. I really think the coco handle being such a structured bag and it’s silhouette being so classic, looks much better as a hand carry or shoulder bag. Also, just because the coco handle is caviar, it still is prone to wear on the corners. For this reason, I favor the 19 as a more carefree bag as it’s soft, slouchy and sits closer to the body (but again, I don’t have this bag to be certain). I think the 19 though is a trendier bag and not everyone is a fan with the bulkier chain and design. I love mine because it suits my style and I find it very practical.
So, in the end, without knowing anything about you, between these two, I think most people will likely vote for the coco handle for its classic and timeless design and reasonable-for-Chanel price point. Hence, I would choose this between the two. However, if you love the 19 trend as much as I do (I have two of them), then don’t be afraid of the lambskin as it’s much more sturdy than expected. FYI, the 19 also comes out in goatskin depending on the season. I hope this helps. Have fun deciding!