Celine Triomphe WOC - funny smell?

I have the card holder similar in size to your mini, and despite being so tiny it still has a very strong stench after 6 months. I don’t use it regularly though and store it in the dustbag/box when not on rotation, so that may contribute to the smell not really fading.

Have you tried letting it air out in an area with good circulation to see if the smell fades at all?
Yes - at least the one I returned (I put it outside 3 days straight for a couple hours and it didn’t fade at all). The replacement I received a couple days ago has been out and about in different parts of my house and just when I think it’s starting to fade, my husband says “nope, it still stinks”. :facepalm:

I bought a Triomphe woc last week, and as soon as I unboxed it I noticed a bit of a funny smell - kind of sickly sweet - almost like weed! I’ve left it out to air it but the smell isn’t going away. My husband thinks it might be something they’ve treated the leather with - so interested to know if anyone else has one and if yours smells funky too?
Picture because it’s so pretty even if it’s smelly lol

View attachment 5755895
I have the same issue with this bag. I contacted CS and they are asking for some details like internal code. But can’t find any code on my bag. Is there really a code or none? Thanks.

I have the same issue with this bag. I contacted CS and they are asking for some details like internal code. But can’t find any code on my bag. Is there really a code or none? Thanks.
I think there is a code but I don’t know where it is. I ended up returning my bag for a refund. Maybe CS can tell you where to find it?

I think there’s no code. I just sent them picture of the bag. They said they will me send me quotation for the cost of repair. Is it really like this?
Repair?? How are they going to repair the smell? I was told it’s a fault in the dye process. They should be offering you an exchange or even a refund. This is a known problem with these bags. I don’t know how they think it can be ‘repaired’ and you certainly shouldn’t be paying for it.

My Triomphe tri-fold wallet had the same smell! I've used it daily for the last 6 months and it's now faded. I am pretty sure it's some treatment to the leather.

I've been thinking about buying this bag for a while now. Has the smell been an issue with all of the Triomphe WOCs? Has it subsided at all?

Do you generally like the bag but for the smell?

I’ve just stumbled upon this thread about the smell on new Celine bags.
This is my first time buying a Celine bag. I got it from Seoul international airport and didn’t check on it as I was rushing for my flight.
After unboxing it today, I realised that there is a very strong chemical smell coming from the bag. The leather trims doesn’t smell like leather at all.
I am so disappointed as I haven’t even used it yet. I have contacted my local store and I hope they can do something about this. Celine quality is truly disappointing!

Attachments

• D15155B0-7FE1-4EF1-8B95-BF9FA058A0DA.jpeg
    D15155B0-7FE1-4EF1-8B95-BF9FA058A0DA.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 14
  • D7137060-3A7E-424E-8F85-8FA06B1D4420.jpeg
    D7137060-3A7E-424E-8F85-8FA06B1D4420.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 0756BC8B-D1D3-4574-A846-EB2C9ADDB1B5.jpeg
    0756BC8B-D1D3-4574-A846-EB2C9ADDB1B5.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 14
I’ve just stumbled upon this thread about the smell on new Celine bags.
This is my first time buying a Celine bag. I got it from Seoul international airport and didn’t check on it as I was rushing for my flight.
After unboxing it today, I realised that there is a very strong chemical smell coming from the bag. The leather trims doesn’t smell like leather at all.
I am so disappointed as I haven’t even used it yet. I have contacted my local store and I hope they can do something about this. Celine quality is truly disappointing!
I also have quality issue with the Celine bag that I just bought from Europe last week. I truly am disappointed with Celine quality since I have not used the bag yet but the leather also looks wrinkle and peeled. I’ve tried to emailed Celine customer service and local boutique but they say I can only send it in for repair, no exchange allowed. Did your local boutique let you exchange your bag?

Attachments

• IMG_1963.jpeg
    IMG_1963.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 15
I've been thinking about buying this bag for a while now. Has the smell been an issue with all of the Triomphe WOCs? Has it subsided at all?

Do you generally like the bag but for the smell?
Just purchased this bag myself in the black shiny leather back in january. The bag is beautiful, versatile and I would say the quality is over all impeccable. I bought an extra leather strap for everyday use and could not be more happy. I have also noticed that it does not scratch easily and seem to be very resistant to marks and dents.

The first bag I bought had this chemical smell to it. The smell is a well known problem and it sometimes occurs due to manufacturing defects.
Celine are aware of the problem and their costumer servises were very helpful in finding a solution to the problem. I was able to change the bag without any problems and this one has no wierd smell to it.

Just purchased this bag myself in the black shiny leather back in january. The bag is beautiful, versatile and I would say the quality is over all impeccable. I bought an extra leather strap for everyday use and could not be more happy. I have also noticed that it does not scratch easily and seem to be very resistant to marks and dents.

The first bag I bought had this chemical smell to it. The smell is a well known problem and it sometimes occurs due to manufacturing defects.
Celine are aware of the problem and their costumer servises were very helpful in finding a solution to the problem. I was able to change the bag without any problems and this one has no wierd smell to it.
Can you post a link of what strap you got..I have the WOC and I want to change out the strap but can’t find any

Can you post a link of what strap you got..I have the WOC and I want to change out the strap but can’t find any
I bought a strap from this seller on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/no-en/shop/bagstrapforyou?ref=lp_star_seller_hub&page=2#items

Would recommand you to buy a strap without metal hooks to avvoid scratches inside the bag.