Celine price increase

I agree. Between the rapid price increases and changes in leather, I am seriously debating future purchases.
this is the problem as far as I'm concerned -- they're raising prices, but lowering the quality. The original luggage bags were lined with leather or suede and the exterior leather was thick and luxurious. I'm not a fan of the drummed leather at all, and think it's a lower quality than the smooth or textured calf. And don't even get me started on the PL lining -- :tdown::nogood: Sure, it may make the bag weigh less, but than leave the price alone, don't raise it $400+ and use lower quality materials to make the same bag.

To be honest, if this season's luggage bags were the first ones, I can't see them being as wildly popular as they were when they were originally released. A big draw to Celine bags was the leather, but it's just not the same leather any more

And I don't understand the higher price for the drummed leather phantom -- it's just a luggage with a wider wing span. It doesn't have a zipper, so why exactly is the price $300-400 MORE than a Luggage?

yeah, it's turning me off a little bit. :sad::hrmm: I mean I understand the supply&demand or the exclusivity argument but seriously, every season? :nogood: my lipstick luggage cost about $1750 6 months ago and now not even a year later, it's going to be $2300..

i'm still looking to get a triptyque and one more mini luggage and that's probably it for me. :oh:

How does a bag jump from $1600 to $2300 in 2 seasons?? GEEZ. The prices just keep bouncing around.

my SA at barneys said the price of the mini luggage is going to increase to $2400 on 1/24 :sad:

that's not even a season -- didn't the price JUST go up to $2000 in November?? Since when is 2 months considered a full season?:confused1:

Wow, I wonder what the Classic Box bags are going to cost? Maybe all the increases are based solely on the popularity Celine is now experiencing. Not sure that really justifies it though. I may be bowing out too. Sad, cause I really do love the mini!

I'm with iluvmybags on this. After buying and returning the Jungle mini TWICE because I couldn't accept the hardness of the leather and the fabric lining, I am going cold turkey on the mini. I love my burgundy smooth and my praline phantom, but they were reasonably priced and are all leather. In light of yet another increase, I'll stick to Chanel, LV, Dior, and YSL. At least they are proven classics. And the YSL Roady, for example, is still about $1700 and a great bag. I've already got 2 and there are many more colors yet to covet!