Celine Made in China?

mrsMP

O.G.
Sep 12, 2010
Hi ladies..

I'm anxiously waiting for my first ever Celine!! It will be delivered tomorrow and I'm so excited!! However, as I was browsing through the authentication thread, I saw that some of the Celine bags are made in China? I don't have anything against China and don't mean to offend anyone, but I was just under the impression that all Celine bags are made in.... somewhere in Europe... Italy/France? I'm very new to Celine so I don't know much about it.. The "made in" for me is just a personal preference and I know that if I get a bag made in China, I'm gonna be really sad and might have to return it... Any input ladies?

The bag I'm waiting on is the Smooth Camel Mini Luggage.. Where are these bags usually made in?

jg bags said:
Where did you purchase? Mine is Camel Mini Luggage too and Made in Italy.

I haven't received mine but I bought it from the Celine boutique in Florida so I dont know where
it was made.. That "made in china" info I got was from the authentication thread.. I guess someone bought a Celine bag that was made in China and someone responded that some high end designer bags are now being manufactured in china.. Thought that was interesting..

Thanks for your reply.. I cant wait for my first Celine!! Hope it's love at first sight :smile:

How do you like yours? :smile: Im planning to use it as my work bag and wonder if that'll be a good idea :smile:

Yes, several designers have shifted production to China, which is why I personally have stopped buying from design houses who do that. I even read somewhere that some names still tout their Made in (Europe) on their bags just because a part of the bag; like the logo or the tanning of leather is done there and is "finished" or assembled in China. Sickening. Celine, to my knowledge and research still makes their bags in Italy.

Yes, several designers have shifted production to China, which is why I personally have stopped buying from design houses who do that. I even read somewhere that some names still tout their Made in (Europe) on their bags just because a part of the bag; like the logo or the tanning of leather is done there and is "finished" or assembled in China. Sickening. Celine, to my knowledge and research still makes their bags in Italy.

True. Some of the older styles from 2010 (not the Luggage or the popular ones) were made in Romania. Sometimes, I feel that the quality of the individual components of a bag (zipper, hardware and leather) is as important as where it was being made. I had garments/bags that were made in France and Italy that didn't lived up to their reputation sometimes.

As a consumer, it's better to inspect the overall make of the bag itself rather than fussing over the origins. Just my personal opinion. I'd rather buy Made in Italy/France of course. I know, contradicting.

But back to OP, most of Céline bags are made in Italy only a select few from the very first season was Made in Romania but was on par if not better.

I recall reading somewhere that a bag can state made in Italy (or France or wherever)
even though it was mostly made in another country and the "finishing touches" were put on in Italy. So even if it says Made in Country A, it might have been made for the most part in Country B!!! Certainly misleads the consumer on purpose!

Reactions: CrazyCool01
I haven't received mine but I bought it from the Celine boutique in Florida so I dont know where
it was made.. That "made in china" info I got was from the authentication thread.. I guess someone bought a Celine bag that was made in China and someone responded that some high end designer bags are now being manufactured in china.. Thought that was interesting..

Thanks for your reply.. I cant wait for my first Celine!! Hope it's love at first sight :smile:

How do you like yours? :smile: Im planning to use it as my work bag and wonder if that'll be a good idea :smile:

Good to know u bought in Celine, Florida and it shouldn't be fake...dont worry :smile: . How do i like my bag? ahhhh 100 likes! :lol: i dont bring her to work i bring her to shopping :P

Reactions: Bagatha Christie