Celine Classic box from 2010 owners, please help

Well, Lollip...f deemed it inauthentic :sad: That’s 2 out of 3 for Fake now. I already received my refund(!!!) & will ship my bag back to the seller. So bummed and completely turned off by ANY aftermarket site now. Can’t trust anyone.
Oh no, that’s horrible. I have never used authenticating services. Is there any Celine store near you, maybe they could have a look at it. Good thing you‘ve got your refund.

There is a CELINE, I believe in KOP PA, but I’ve heard SAs are forbidden to share opinions on authenticity. I’ve compared it to my case bag (rectangle with a gold chain I bought from Neiman’s years ago) and it’s certainly inferior all in all. But I brushed it off on the fact that the box (by the code) was older, exotic leather and probably less taken care of. Bummed, it was so cool looking tho Good luck with yours, I’m sure VC sells very well scrutinized pieces.

Well, Lollip...f deemed it inauthentic :sad: That’s 2 out of 3 for Fake now. I already received my refund(!!!) & will ship my bag back to the seller. So bummed and completely turned off by ANY aftermarket site now. Can’t trust anyone.
I don't there have been many cases of fakes being sold on Yoogi's, plus they take really good pictures of their items. So it's not like every preloved site is swarming with fakes. :smile: It's great that you got a refund.

Hi, I need some help from the owners with the earliest version of the Celine classic box bag (probably in the 2010s). Need some help with authenticating a bag from the era.

I do own a Celine classic box in the amazone color and am looking to get a black one as I love the style of the bag so much. I came across a black Celine classic box from Vestaire at a great price and decided to get it. Upon receiving the bag, I believe it is the earliest edition of the Celine classic box as the strap's bracelet does not come with the hatch. However, there are some features that I felt were atypical of the Celine classic box. I am not sure if these features are unique to the really old version of the bag or I have purchased a fake from Vestiaire.

Coincidentally, I saw another thread started by someone who purchased a Celine classic box from the early years as her bag does not come with the strap's hatch too. She is also seeking advice about the authenticity of her bag based on the atypical features exactly seen on my bag too! However, all the replies on her thread suggested that her bag is fake :sad: I have also seen these atypical features on a discontinued large Celine classic box. I have read that the really old version of the Celine classic box is very different and that the old bags can be mistaken as non-authentic if they were to be authenticated now. Hence, I thought I could seek some advice from the owners with the earliest version of the Celine classic box to verify if these atypical features are indeed "normal". Plus, I really would like to keep the bag from Vestaire.

I have attached a series of pictures of the atypical features. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1. Here is the picture of the strap's bracelet without the hatch which makes me believe the bag is from the early years:
Bracelet.jpg

2. I find the font stamping quite different from the classic box bags with the old Celine logo.
Font.jpg

3. The zipper tab of the bag just a plain leather without embossment.
Zipper tab not embossed.jpg

4. The date code is on a tab.
Serial tab.jpg

5. The clasp only has one spring instead of two.
one spring.jpg

Sorry for the long post :sad: But will greatly appreciate any opinions!

Hi, I need some help from the owners with the earliest version of the Celine classic box bag (probably in the 2010s). Need some help with authenticating a bag from the era.

I do own a Celine classic box in the amazone color and am looking to get a black one as I love the style of the bag so much. I came across a black Celine classic box from Vestaire at a great price and decided to get it. Upon receiving the bag, I believe it is the earliest edition of the Celine classic box as the strap's bracelet does not come with the hatch. However, there are some features that I felt were atypical of the Celine classic box. I am not sure if these features are unique to the really old version of the bag or I have purchased a fake from Vestiaire.

Coincidentally, I saw another thread started by someone who purchased a Celine classic box from the early years as her bag does not come with the strap's hatch too. She is also seeking advice about the authenticity of her bag based on the atypical features exactly seen on my bag too! However, all the replies on her thread suggested that her bag is fake :sad: I have also seen these atypical features on a discontinued large Celine classic box. I have read that the really old version of the Celine classic box is very different and that the old bags can be mistaken as non-authentic if they were to be authenticated now. Hence, I thought I could seek some advice from the owners with the earliest version of the Celine classic box to verify if these atypical features are indeed "normal". Plus, I really would like to keep the bag from Vestaire.

I have attached a series of pictures of the atypical features. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1. Here is the picture of the strap's bracelet without the hatch which makes me believe the bag is from the early years:
View attachment 4857492

2. I find the font stamping quite different from the classic box bags with the old Celine logo.
View attachment 4857493

3. The zipper tab of the bag just a plain leather without embossment.
View attachment 4857494

4. The date code is on a tab.
View attachment 4857495

5. The clasp only has one spring instead of two.
View attachment 4857496

Sorry for the long post :sad: But will greatly appreciate any opinions!
It seems like your bag is from 2011 looking at the date code, and I believe box bags from that period we’re having date code stamped inside zip pocket. I would question authenticity of this bag, to me the clasp on a strap looks off as well. Mine is really shiny. Having said that I’m not an expert.

02E13503-15F1-4DBA-AD42-71F1AA25C1B4.png

It seems like your bag is from 2011 looking at the date code, and I believe box bags from that period we’re having date code stamped inside zip pocket. I would question authenticity of this bag, to me the clasp on a strap looks off as well. Mine is really shiny. Having said that I’m not an expert.

View attachment 4857549
Thank you Eddieabbu for your opinions! Really appreciate them!
If you don't mind, can I check if your bag also uses the cross-screws for the strap's bracelet (like mine in the picture), and if there is an embossing that lines the zipper pull leather tab?
I am now doubting the authenticity of the bag too :sad: I really hope to keep the bag but it seems there are many features on the bag that are looking unusual :sad:

Celine zippers all have a number at its head (1, 8 or blank) depending on the model type. When I mean blank, there’s nothing there, not even a horizontal bar like yours. Post 2013 I’d say they’re either 1 or 8.

Reactions: Valerie44
Thank you Eddieabbu for your opinions! Really appreciate them!
If you don't mind, can I check if your bag also uses the cross-screws for the strap's bracelet (like mine in the picture), and if there is an embossing that lines the zipper pull leather tab?
I am now doubting the authenticity of the bag too :sad: I really hope to keep the bag but it seems there are many features on the bag that are looking unusual :sad:
Hello, Celine store has send my strap for replacement. But I’ll try to find some pictures x

Hello,
Is there a kind soul out there who could help me out, please. I have purchased Celine Classic box from Vestier Col, and it looks good apart from zipper marking. I know the Celine had used different zippers in 2010-11than in later dates, but I cannot find a picture anywhere to compare. has anyone got Celine box from 2010-11 with the same zipper marking?

View attachment 4822645
Hey! So it’s been a while, did you ever get an answer to your question, is your bag authentic?
Also, what kind of repair did you have on your strap, I finally bought one again, but a little post in the strap closure is missing. Wondering if they’ll replace it.

Hey! So it’s been a while, did you ever get an answer to your question, is your bag authentic?
Also, what kind of repair did you have on your strap, I finally bought one again, but a little post in the strap closure is missing. Wondering if they’ll replace it.
Hello, I have my strap shipped to Italy for repair, which to me means Celine has deemed my bag to be authentic. I should get new strap delivered tomorrow. I had phoned Celine at HARRODS and since there is no Celine store in Scotland, where I live, they have asked me to post the strap to them. The Celine’s staff at HARRODS is absolutely amazing, they were extremely helpful and where updating me on a regular basis. I have tried stand alone Celine store but they were not interested at all. So it really depends. I had one of these very old strap that doesn’t have a latch and the metal bit was catching on every knitwear I was wearing. Hope you will get your strap fixed. Don’t give up if the first store you will contact is refusing a repairs.

Hello, I have my strap shipped to Italy for repair, which to me means Celine has deemed my bag to be authentic. I should get new strap delivered tomorrow. I had phoned Celine at HARRODS and since there is no Celine store in Scotland, where I live, they have asked me to post the strap to them. The Celine’s staff at HARRODS is absolutely amazing, they were extremely helpful and where updating me on a regular basis. I have tried stand alone Celine store but they were not interested at all. So it really depends. I had one of these very old strap that doesn’t have a latch and the metal bit was catching on every knitwear I was wearing. Hope you will get your strap fixed. Don’t give up if the first store you will contact is refusing a repairs.
Thanks for the reply! I’ll ask around then, not sure if I’ll have luck in the US. Hopefully! But glad your bag ended up authentic, did you send them (Harrods) pics of it or just the strap?

:yahoo:Hurray that’s my strap arrived today. In giant Harrods box, my husband nearly got a hissy fit as I’m on a shopping ban :giggle:
I can see why people prefer old Celine . The colour is not 100% match and the quality of the new strap seems to be not as great as my old one. I have inserted pictures. The one on the right is my old strap. Hope everyone has as amazing experience with Celine after sale I did. Everything packed beautifully and two dust bags one for old strap with old logo and one for new strap with a new logo. My next quest will be trying to get my limited edition Vuitton noe repaired. Stay safe everyone xxx

03C42C11-2E10-43DC-B2A3-EEB8092DED5E.jpeg

48365673-AF0C-4A18-8B15-F37D8090B1F3.jpeg

EDFC23D3-71AD-4E10-B737-3EC3C53CF8FB.jpeg

F5F88F0E-3176-47FB-91BE-26446D2BA5CF.jpeg

Reactions: Valerie44
Wow, the stitching is so different between the 2 Glad for you tho, that your bag is authentic I’ve so far gotten another box myself (after returning the first) and couldn’t be happier with it. Old Céline

• Love
Reactions: Eddieabbu