Celine Camel vs Tan

TAKE YOUR PICK: CELINE BOX BAG TAN VS CAMEL

• Total voters
I believe the camel is box leather and the tan natural leather or?

I have the tan in natural leather, which I love, but you have to want the natural leather. It is the equivalent to Hermes Barenia and it patinas.

I much prefer the tan color too. The two are similar but have quite different undertones. I think that you know instinctively which one you like better and that is the one that is likely to go better with your complexion and clothes.

Reactions: jojoxiexie
I believe the camel is box leather and the tan natural leather or?

I have the tan in natural leather, which I love, but you have to want the natural leather. It is the equivalent to Hermes Barenia and it patinas.

I much prefer the tan color too. The two are similar but have quite different undertones. I think that you know instinctively which one you like better and that is the one that is likely to go better with your complexion and clothes.
How has your natural leather patina'd over time? Do you find it pretty durable/what color does it mellow into? Would love to see pics if you have any! :loveeyes:

How has your natural leather patina'd over time? Do you find it pretty durable/what color does it mellow into? Would love to see pics if you have any! :loveeyes:
I’ve had it for around one year and half now and it is not really changing color yet that I see... But I think it just deepens. I use it a fair amount but of course this year has been strange and it is not a bag I use all the time or for long walks, so we are still in the lots of scratches phase :P. Celine offers a clean and buff service (not full spa) and they recommended I bring it in every year, but I have not made use of it yet.

In terms of durability, yes, I feel this is a very durable leather and at pair with Hermes Barenia. It is thick and sturdy. But you have to be confortable with natural leathers.

I’ve had it for around one year and half now and it is not really changing color yet that I see... But I think it just deepens. I use it a fair amount but of course this year has been strange and it is not a bag I use all the time or for long walks, so we are still in the lots of scratches phase :P. Celine offers a clean and buff service (not full spa) and they recommended I bring it in every year, but I have not made use of it yet.

In terms of durability, yes, I feel this is a very durable leather and at pair with Hermes Barenia. It is thick and sturdy. But you have to be confortable with natural leathers.
Love it, thank you!

Reactions: volleyball12

Sorry to bring this back up after so long! I’m considering the small 16 in natural calfskin and was wondering how your bag (same leather) has held up? How’s the patina going?