Celine Bag Policy

Aug 2, 2009
I had a recent trip to Singapore and couldn't resist stopping by Celine boutique located in Ngee Ann City mall. None of the luggage bags were on display. However, if you inquire, they politely show you their bags located at the back - I saw a couple of minis, phantom and micro. What surprised me is they started to tell me about the policy to buy something else before you become "entitled" to buy the popular bags. The popular bags being luggage, phantom and trapeze.

Is this a unique Singapore policy or is it enforced elsewhere?

Seems like Celine is following the Hermes path of making customers play through the hoops just to get a bag.

twinstar633 said:
I had a recent trip to Singapore and couldn't resist stopping by Celine boutique located in Ngee Ann City mall. None of the luggage bags were on display. However, if you inquire, they politely show you their bags located at the back - I saw a couple of minis, phantom and micro. What surprised me is they started to tell me about the policy to buy something else before you become "entitled" to buy the popular bags. The popular bags being luggage, phantom and trapeze.

Seems like Celine is following the Hermes path of making customers play through the hoops just to get a bag.

Really?? I'd like to know if this is real?? I bought my two celines from this store, and it'd be very dissapointing if they really have this new policy. Jakarta store has similar policy, which was the first reason i bought my celine in singapore.

I have not heard of any SA mentioning this to me. Hmm, that is strange. Which SA did you speak to? I'm sure this tactic is mostly for walk-ins. I don't think the regulars would be subjected to this? How odd.

Really?? I'd like to know if this is real?? I bought my two celines from this store, and it'd be very dissapointing if they really have this new policy. Jakarta store has similar policy, which was the first reason i bought my celine in singapore.

Missdeha, I was not too happy as well though in fairness I was treated well. I will try to get elsewhere - hope that policy is limited to Singapore and Indonesia! I wouldn't have minded getting an ID chain necklace but unfortunately that item is no longer sold these days - and would probably be even harder to get in the unlikely event they offer it again.

I have not heard of any SA mentioning this to me. Hmm, that is strange. Which SA did you speak to? I'm sure this tactic is mostly for walk-ins. I don't think the regulars would be subjected to this? How odd.

hi cotonblanc, there were 2 SAs who shared this info. Both were ladies. I did not get their names but I heard them telling another customer the same thing. The "excuse/reason" being it is the holiday season and stocks are supposedly tight (though there seemed to be quite an adequate inventory, on that day at least). Yes I imagine regulars are exempt if they know you personally.

is this policy still in effect at Celine Singapore? This is exactly why I didn't buy the bag in Jakarta... But I am going to Singapore next month and was hoping to snag one.

This is not the policy in Paris. All of the Celine shops have Luggage/Phantom/Trapeze models on display for purchase. However they may be hiding some other colorways/models in the back, but all you have to do is ask to see them.

Woo what a policy..I love to shop my Celine here in my country because the Celine Boutique here in Kuwait is a franchise by a company who owns luxury boutique also if you are their frequent buyers they give you a privilege card which untitled to have a discount of 10% so I got my Celine 760kd I got it only 684kd so less 300$ for my mini luggage.. The reason I don't want to buy in Paris is bag is too heavy and I want to be in a box plus I got only 12% vat rebate in the airport where as here hassle free you got 10% discount for no worries...:smile: