Celine Ava vs LV Loop?

surfergrl89

May 25, 2021
Trying to decide whether to get the Ava Celine bag or the Loop LV bag. I’m leaning more towards the former as it seems that it can fit more, but my partner thinks Celine canvas monogram looks like something a grandma would wear and that it’s similar to Joop!’s canvas print On the other hand, the LV Loop doesn’t look practical enough to hold my essentials, but it does look super cute and modern! Also love that it has removable straps. I’d get it if it’d fit my glasses in its case, phone, cardholder, sanitizer and keys, but I am unsure if it will since the curve seems more drastic and the top curve is lower than the Ava, making it seem that it won’t hold as much as the Ava.

What do you guys and gals think? Is there someone with a loop bag that can assist?

I haven’t been following Celine for years and had to look up Ava. If I had to go with one of these I would go with LV but honestly I don’t love this shape, reminds me of 90s and early 2000s and looks dated to me. I can see Mk and Coach doing this bag shape too. So for that I would just pass!

I haven’t been following Celine for years and had to look up Ava. If I had to go with one of these I would go with LV but honestly I don’t love this shape, reminds me of 90s and early 2000s and looks dated to me. I can see Mk and Coach doing this bag shape too. So for that I would just pass!
Ava is actually part of their original collection from the 90s, just reupdated.
The reason you hate the bags is the reason I love them as I grew up in the 90s lol.

I have Loop, so I'm biased:giggle: I really love the Loop bag. The strap wears comfortable, the shape of the bag compliments your body while wearing and for now it's a limited piece which is a plus for the value so I think you can't go wrong on buying Loop. It does not fit a ton inside, because of the shape you sometimes have to mix around your stuff to sit in a right way. My essentials are my iPhone XR, key pouch and 6 key holder and that fits nicely. The front pocket I use for a face mask/napkin, it does not fit my key pouch tho. The canvas is also supple so it's easy to access the bag. I'm not sure if your glasses case will fit since I'm not sure how big it is. If you're able to try it in store I would recommend!

I have Loop, so I'm biased:giggle: I really love the Loop bag. The strap wears comfortable, the shape of the bag compliments your body while wearing and for now it's a limited piece which is a plus for the value so I think you can't go wrong on buying Loop. It does not fit a ton inside, because of the shape you sometimes have to mix around your stuff to sit in a right way. My essentials are my iPhone XR, key pouch and 6 key holder and that fits nicely. The front pocket I use for a face mask/napkin, it does not fit my key pouch tho. The canvas is also supple so it's easy to access the bag. I'm not sure if your glasses case will fit since I'm not sure how big it is. If you're able to try it in store I would recommend!
The store is 4 hours from me, so quite inconvenient :sad: My SA offered to do online appointments, but they haven't had the loop on stock. Do you think the loop can accommodate glasses case, iphone, card case, and keys? Please do post some what fits/wimb if you feel like it! Congrats on the score.

The store is 4 hours from me, so quite inconvenient :sad: My SA offered to do online appointments, but they haven't had the loop on stock. Do you think the loop can accommodate glasses case, iphone, card case, and keys? Please do post some what fits/wimb if you feel like it! Congrats on the score.

So sorry! Made pictures and then forgot to post:facepalm: but here you go. I think it depends on the kind of glasses case and how big your phone and keys are if it fits.

I tried a hardside glasses case and a soft glasses case for you. I have an iPhone XR which is quit big but also tried my office phone which is a much smaller iPhone SE.

So below I put in a hardside glasses case, the key pouch and my car keys + 2 house keys attached. It does not fit the iPhone XR.
3AC7A260-1E67-4BCB-B46B-2F168AE81B7D.jpeg

In this picture I fitted the hardside glasses case with the key pouch and iPhone SE. But now my car keys won’t fit anymore in the main compartment. You can put your keys in the front pocket but it might be a thight fit.
72AE4D24-F62B-4056-AEBF-DBEC374005CC.jpeg

In this picture I tried a soft case and that gives much more possibilities! Now it can also fit my iPhone XR, key pouch and keys in the main compartment.
F46E6549-BE54-4B67-8D3E-C050A528A231.jpeg

And for reference the sizes of the glasses cases!
B9F7A1C6-060A-4C45-BB41-4C3F77D5A7ED.jpeg