Style Celebrities and their fur coats

I love the coat on Ashley (above), she wears it well. Taking up from a point of page 1, J-Lo has am amazing collection and she usually does go for J Mendel I believe. J Mendel does do some fabulous furs but personally if money were no object I think thesedays I would go with either Fendi or Dennis Basso.

I must confess I would truly love the coat that Brandi wears (post #1) and I am thinking it rocks with the dress she wears it with.

Here are a few more pics

Lindsay Lohan and J-Lo in J Mendel

618_who_lohanlopez.jpg

J-Lo in a gorgeous chinchilla (possibly Basso????) - pic from style.com

style.com/style/view/11/68/100086811.jpg

Mary J Blife in Basso

maryjbligegucci.jpg

Kate Moss (Fendi) and Kate Bosworth (Fenid)

bosworthvmoss10deccopy.jpg

bosworthvmoss10deccopy.jpg

In so far as celebrities that like to sport a fur there is also Sharon Stone - who has a fabulous collection, Naomi Campbell who, again has some great pieces and wears them very well (and if I recall correctly even did her community service wearin a fur!) and Liz Hurley also wears some very nice items too.

On another front, there are many celebrities who wear 'vintage' fur or at least style it like it is vintage, for example Agyness Deyn

04202ea1310000005dc81.jpg

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/30/article-1103042-02EA1310000005DC-812_468x581.jpg

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9495/article109373102c3d79f0.jpg

Ashley's fur is chic but my favourate is the one that Brandi sports, then again chinchilla is the most expensive fur you can buy! So here are some chinchillas

Star Jones - looking good after some weight loss in a chinchilla and dress

backseatcuddler.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/wenn5241007.jpg

Patti LaBelle wearing way too much IMO - you can get too much of a good thing

marypattifur.jpg

Madonna in sheared chinchilla (I adore this coat), it is Fendi

welovemadonna.com/gallery/2006/images/december/12_6_02_cecconis_rest_uk.jpg

http://welovemadonna.com/coadf/news/december/dec_06.html

Ivanka is hers - I remember seeing the full lenght pic of this whic made it look nicer than the pic I post

modelsblog.info/content/2007/12/it20071220.jpg

http://www.modelsblog.info/2007/12/

Last edited:
Sorry about this - some of my pictures do not seem to work

Madonna's coat is here (I hope!)

madonnafurheader.jpg

mad.JPG

Inanka here

topsocialite.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ivanka-*****-1219072.jpg

Sorry guys

:lol: @ "Shagadelic Rug" Most of these pics remind me why I don't own a fur....It just seems they add tons of weight and make you look fat! I ripped out and kept a picture of a short white fur jacket from a magazine because it was the only attractive fur coat I'd ever seen.....:shrugs:

If a larger girl wears an unfitted long haired fur (fox, coyote, etc) then they can make you look larger but only if they are not fitted. If you go for a shorter hair fur such as mink, rabbit, trimmed coyote or fox or for the richer girls amongst us chinchilla and sable then this just is not in issue. But yes, the heavy furs can be a little over the top.

Basso always does fitted furs, as do most of the higher end designers. I think the odd exeptions are from celebs who simply buy without trying on first!

Here are some other really well worn furs which I just love

Eva in sable

cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1//2008/01/longoria-fur/eva-longoria-fur-02.jpg

cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2008/01/eva-longoria-fur.jpg

Kate Moss (who usually wears anything very well) in a grey mink

modelsblog.info/content/2009/03/kate-moss-767.jpg

Demi Moore in a sheared mink (or possibly rabbit)

blogthecoast.com/runway_ready/archives/ashton-demi-fur-b.jpg

A better pic of Madonna's chinchilla Fendi

celebricious.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/madonna-170x300.jpg

Victoria Beckham has voiced her anti-fur beliefs and promotes an animal friendly wardrobe filled with faux/synthetic furs, Beckham's stand against the fur industry has generated admiration from animal rights organizations, including PETA. Of PETA's numerous anti-fur campaigns, Beckham stated that she is "supportive of its high-profile anti-fur campaigns," and pledged "never to work with fur in any of her own fashion collections".

- She has the MOST amazing collection of top end faux furs I've EVER seen!!!!