CeeJay's BAL-a-palooza!! [Balenciaga Collection over time]

another item still in the collection because, frankly .. I LOVE this bag! It's SO RARE .. I found it in a boutique in Perugia, IT (Umbria) and later found out that this bag had been used for a Italian Vogue photoshoot!!! It's a 2006 Rouge Vif Matelasse Weekender!!
2006 Rouge Vif Matelasse WE.jpg

Reactions: vink
Some 'old' Red "comparison" pictures; really needs updating since I have so many more!
View attachment 3616175
WOW! Fantastic collection of reds :loveeyes:

I was out somewhere a few days ago and I saw a woman carrying an actual Bal City in red! I've never seen them here before (LV:s,, Chanels, Guccis and all the rest, all the time- and even BaoBao:s- yes, but never Balenciaga City:s). My heart skipped a little when I saw it and I tried to keep quiet but I couldn't, so I spoke to her and asked her not to think I was mad but I just wanted to tell her that her hand bag was so lovely. Luckily she seemed to understand and agree.

You know, there is someone selling a Rouge Vif City here in Europe. It seems to be in quite good condition, and I'm so tempted (it'd go so well with my M-U clutch in the same colour!) but I need to receive my City in Cognac first (it still hasen't arrived). And before I even start thinking of red bags I need to keep my eyes on "the price", a black Classic City.

But it's like I keep telling myself (and my husband) that because I buy these Bals in pre-used condition, it really is like getting 2 or even 3 for the price of a new one from the Balenciaga boutiques. It's almost like making a profit :rolleyes::lol: I don't know why he's not convinced...

WOW! Fantastic collection of reds :loveeyes:

I was out somewhere a few days ago and I saw a woman carrying an actual Bal City in red! I've never seen them here before (LV:s,, Chanels, Guccis and all the rest, all the time- and even BaoBao:s- yes, but never Balenciaga City:s). My heart skipped a little when I saw it and I tried to keep quiet but I couldn't, so I spoke to her and asked her not to think I was mad but I just wanted to tell her that her hand bag was so lovely. Luckily she seemed to understand and agree.

You know, there is someone selling a Rouge Vif City here in Europe. It seems to be in quite good condition, and I'm so tempted (it'd go so well with my M-U clutch in the same colour!) but I need to receive my City in Cognac first (it still hasen't arrived). And before I even start thinking of red bags I need to keep my eyes on "the price", a black Classic City.

But it's like I keep telling myself (and my husband) that because I buy these Bals in pre-used condition, it really is like getting 2 or even 3 for the price of a new one from the Balenciaga boutiques. It's almost like making a profit :rolleyes::lol: I don't know why he's not convinced...
Thanks!! Yes, Red is my favorite color for sure .. although, interestingly enough - other than my Red Chanel Vintage Jumbo, all bags in other brands are not Red! Somehow, the design of the Balenciaga bag is just (IMO) perfect for the Red color!

Your collection is to die for. It's 2:53 am in NYC, I stumbled upon this thread a tad before 11 pm. Don't know how quickly time went by but I enjoy every second. Thank you so much!!! I just purchased my first red bag (city), any advice on maintenance? Is leather honey only suitable for certain colors?

This is much better than a boutique. This is like a history!

Your collection is to die for. It's 2:53 am in NYC, I stumbled upon this thread a tad before 11 pm. Don't know how quickly time went by but I enjoy every second. Thank you so much!!! I just purchased my first red bag (city), any advice on maintenance? Is leather honey only suitable for certain colors?

Thank you both so much!!! Trust me, I've tried other brands .. and they just don't compare IMO. While I love the look of Celine, those bags are so freakin' heavy that I just can't carry them. I love my 2 Chanel bags, but only use them for more "fancy" events (or one of my Birkins); my Bal's are truly my everyday bag!

Hii Ceejay! I agree with you. 2006 wasnt balen best effort. I have 2006 light olive, and i been wondering was it chevre or agneu ? Look exactly like ur s/s 2006 collections.

CeeJay, I'm blown away with your amazing collection!
Thank you for collecting these beautiful bags and sharing background information on each of the bags. It helps when deciding which one to buy.

omg Ceejay, going thru your collection of Bal bags made me drool,it was as if i was walking along a museum of Bal Bags!!! truly adore you! just looking at the pics made me feel so contented as if they were all mine!

p/s : i think you need to add more pinks and greens to your collection. lol :biggrin:

may i know what you love Balenciaga so much? people got weak at the knees by the sight of Chanels or Hermes. (im not one of them of coz) :P