CDC or Horn for Preppy Chic Style?

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
I'm craving some H jewelry but with no store near by to try anything on I will need some advice from all the style experts! My style is Preppy Chic (think J.Crew, lots of J.Crew and Lanvin). Which jewelry items would fit this style the best?

CDC (please specify exotic (leather) or non-exotic (leather))
Horn- Lena Necklace
Farandole

(I know that one is a bracelet and the other 2 are necklaces. I don't have a "need" for one over the other as I have many necklaces and bracelets. Just looking to add something and not sure which would suit my style the best).

THANKS, and Happy Friday!!

I think the CDC would fit the preppy chic more than the horn accessories.

It will give your outfit some punch. Choose something in plain leather but not in black (unless you like wearing black, too). Neutrals would look good but if you know your general color scheme, you can opt for a colored one.

I agree with Ryan in that I don't think CDC is preppy. When I think of preppy chic I think of classic and discrete and CDC is a bit flashy. CDC is beautiful but I think you would get much more wear out of the others.

My first choice for you would be the farandole. It's really classic, simple, and I think the slight nautical theme is very preppy chic. Plus it would look great with the PHW birkins in your avatar!! Horn is nice too I just think you would get less wear out of it.

Thanks, for all the advice--I'm leaning heavily toward the farandole, but can't stop thinking about the CDC. I wonder if I could return if I didn't like it.....

I think for Jcrew clothes, farandole will fit in seamlessly. CDC will give an edge to the preppy look, which might be nice. I'd hesitate to do horn; for some reason I'm not seeing it with Jcrew type clothes, at least not recent offerings (pastels, ribbons, etc). The Thesee bracelet might be the exception since it has silver. Good luck with your decision!

And one more, have yo considered the Kelly Dog? Similar to the CDC with the leather but lacking the "studs" so not as edgy. I have two Kelly Dogs and love them!

Attachments

• Lena and KDog.jpg
    Lena and KDog.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 161