CDC color dilemma - advice needed

JWiseman

O.G.
Feb 28, 2012
Greetings all, I'm hoping to get your trusty input into what I should do regarding my next CDC purchase.

First off, I wear the Large size and already own a Black Chamonix with GHW. I really want to get an exotic - either gator or croc - and have been on the hunt. I ideally want a graphite with PHW but have had no luck finding it in the Large. I just spoke with an SA yesterday who "did some research" and told me there were no large graphite gator/croc PHW available, so they gave me my color options.

I'm a guy so the fuchsia and amethyst color options are out, so I'm left with either black or bleu roi. I've seen pictures of bleu roi and sometimes I like it (when it looks darker blue), other times I don't (looks very light almost blue jean esque but in exotic form).

I feel like getting another black would be redundant, even if this one will be exotic and PHW; but, I just don't know if I'll be happy with bleu roi. I don't want to give up on graphite but according to the SA, I won't be finding it in the large size.

ANY help/advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! :thinking::search::wondering:confused1::shrugs:

Do you have modeling pics?

Top of mind, I think you should get the black gator and perhaps resell your chamonix and then purchase your other preferred colors as they may be easier to come by with the regular leathers

I don't think you can ever have enough black, but you may "forget" your chamonix once you get the exotic CDC so maybe that can be exchanged to another color

Graphites in large size are not *that* rare (I have come across several this month), but maybe your store is just not getting any? I wouldn't give up on it! Would be very nice!

Yes I agree if it is Graphite what you a really after and what makes your heart sing you should really wait for that otherwise you'll regret it later.
I saw blue roi IRL and to me too it had a tad of bleu jean in it, just darker. I would still consider it a medium blue with a hint of green.

I know how you feel about having two black CDCs but it is true, one in chamonix and one in an exotic can be two different "animals", so to speak. You could wear the chamonix when you want to be more casual, and the exotic for when you're dressed up or just want to add that extra special touch to whatever you have on that day.

In terms of graphite, it's interesting that you say Bleu Roi looks too much like black in certain lighting because I actually feel the same way about graphite! :smile:. I wish H did ardoise exotic again because ardoise is a nice medium gray that doesn't look as dark as black in any type of lighting.

I think marine and blue abysse look very dark in an exotic, like midnight which to me is essentially the same as black :smile:. My Bleu Roi alligator Kelly Double Tour looks more jewel toned than like a dark blue or black but perhaps it's because the straps are narrower than a CDC.

My amethyst also looks really dark sometimes, again, sort of close enough to black to make me think twice about wearing it instead of just grabbing the black one!

:smile: thanks for letting me share my stream of consciousness about dark colored CDCs...

I hope you will let us know which you decide to buy !

Blue Roi isn't too light! I have a KDT in Gator Blue Roi. It does have some shades of green in it, but it is a really great color, and definitely reads mostly blue. I have a couple pictures of it in my accessories album in my profile - and can take more if you want to see the color more!

I really like saturated, true colors, and I am not a fan of Blue Jean AT ALL (although I usually love blues). HTH!

elibaby said:
Do you have modeling pics?

Top of mind, I think you should get the black gator and perhaps resell your chamonix and then purchase your other preferred colors as they may be easier to come by with the regular leathers

I don't think you can ever have enough black, but you may "forget" your chamonix once you get the exotic CDC so maybe that can be exchanged to another color

Either this, or wait for the graphite.

H makes graphite in Large. Most boutiques receive CDCs randomly. I know my boutique tells me I have to call because they don't know what they are going to get...they just show up periodically in shipments.

I would wait for the graphite. Blue roi does appear to be a chameleon. While it is very pretty, it may not be dark enough for you. You should ask your SA to call you when the blue roi comes in and go look at it in person. You will be able to formulate a better opinion and determine if the color is right for you. It looks like it is one of those colors that may be difficult to photograph (hence the variations in saturation from light to deep). I have seen blue roi in person (on a bag and wallet) and I recall it having a slight dark teal cast (like a deep almost tropical ocean). But that was awhile ago. Sometimes the dye lots have something to do with that. The photos I have seen online do not look like the color I recall in person. I like it better in person.

Your best bet for finding a LARGE in an exotic is on H.com. You should also check the SHOPPING thread on Tpf... specifically, the sticky thread Post Ebay/Web Finds. A lot of our wonderful ladies post h.com sightings, including CDCs. Our ladies here are on top of everything! LOL When they show up on H.com you have to buy right away for they disappear fast. The L lingers slightly longer than the S.

I think you if get the blue roi, you will still be pining for the graphite!

I have someone helping me on my quest for the Large Graphite PHW, so I haven't given up yet. I will definitely keep everyone posted with the outcome...a reveal, perhaps??

Ferrip - Your Bleu Roi is such a chameleon, I checked our your pics and sometimes it looks almost Bleu Electrique and sometimes darker with teal undertones.

Lala28 - yes, I agree they are different "animals" haha. If I can't get my hands on a graphite I might go with the black, after all. Since my chamonix is GHW, croco with PHW would be a completely different look.

SympathyDuet - you're exactly right. My biggest hesitation with the Bleu Roi comes from seeing someones pictures on here of their CDC and KDT combination in Bleu Roi. I'm not sure if it was the camera flash or what but it looked so light. I definitely want a deeper, darker blue.

Thanks for your input, hopefully I can get a couple more!
I will keep everyone posted on my decision...fingers crossed for a graphite. I just love how it's a gray with black and some brown tones to it :loveeyes:

So I couldn't make a decision and when I called back, I waited a week (stupid me) the SA said there were no large exotic CDCs available..at all!!! Ahhh I'm heartbroken. I guess black or bleu roi weren't meant for me. Maybe a special graphite will be arriving soon.

My fingers are crossed!

Thanks for your help everyone.

There's a possibility that CDC Gator Graphite (I'm not sure on the size) is residing at Hermes Riverside!

Thanks for the tip. You know, I was going to stop by there yesterday (since I had the day off) but didn't get a chance to. I'll call them first thing this morning. I'm sure it's a small as an SA at Short Hills told me there were no large exotics available at all, in any color. But there's still that glimmer of hope that it's MY Large. ;)

Thanks for the tip. You know, I was going to stop by there yesterday (since I had the day off) but didn't get a chance to. I'll call them first thing this morning. I'm sure it's a small as an SA at Short Hills told me there were no large exotics available at all, in any color. But there's still that glimmer of hope that it's MY Large. ;)

Wa! I went back - it's a small! I sorry!!! =(