Cashmere coat recommendations

may3545

Happy living
O.G.
Mar 15, 2006
I'm interested in a soft cashmere coat to wear while out and about with 2 toddlers. While I love Loro Piana and Hermes, I need one that isn't as expensive and can be versatile and durable. I'll buy H or LP when kids aren't as hands on and I don't stress about mud/dirt haha. What brands are light, lined, comfy, and easy to order online? I hardly get out, so online shopping is the way to go. Thanks in advance!

I haven't! I don't have any cashmere coats and just recently wanted to add one to my wardrobe for extra warmth without the bulkiness. Do you have any recommendations or comments about sizing?
I haven't bought anything in recent season from them. Watch out for the double faced / unlined v.s. fully lined ones. Burberry has their classic trench coat in cashmere too. Again they have unlined version as well as lined version. Both houses are good value for money with good cut & material. Fit varies based on style. Try in person if you can. HTH!

I would go with the Max Mara Manuela coat in camel hair. I have the special edition version with the removable mink collar and it's super warm. It's warmer than cashmere to me. I love the look and get lots of compliments for such a simple coat. It's a classic wrap. I love Max Mara coats.

Reactions: may3545
How warm are the unlined and/or double face? I've never tried those as I'm afraid they won't be warm enough.
They are not as warm as the lined ones. I am not a fan of those but many really like them. It's more of a spring/autumn item rather than a winter coat. My country is pretty mild in the winter that's why many find them enough. My problem with them is the piling and the frictions with whatever you are wearing beneath it. I much prefer the lined ones. HTH!

Reactions: Genie27 and may3545
They are not as warm as the lined ones. I am not a fan of those but many really like them. It's more of a spring/autumn item rather than a winter coat. My country is pretty mild in the winter that's why many find them enough. My problem with them is the piling and the frictions with whatever you are wearing beneath it. I much prefer the lined ones. HTH!
I'm in northern California, and it doesn't get too cold. This is more to throw on as I run errands when it's chilly. But chilly means 60s F here lol. Occasionally it hits 50s. There's a Burberry and Max Mara near me, I'll have to drop by sometime. Thanks!

Reactions: chicinthecity777
I'm in northern California, and it doesn't get too cold. This is more to throw on as I run errands when it's chilly. But chilly means 60s F here lol. Occasionally it hits 50s. There's a Burberry and Max Mara near me, I'll have to drop by sometime. Thanks!
Then I think those will be suitable for you. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Reactions: may3545