Cartiers and J12s

I'm 49 (very soon will be the next number after that-:nuts:) I have a SS Tank F and SS Roadster. Also own a Rolex TT mid-size w/ black mop/diamond markers. I did have a 33mm black J12 w/ diamond markers and sold it.......I loved it for a while but lost my lust for it. My favorite today is my Rolex but also love my Cartier's and would never get rid of them. I wouldn't mind a Ballon Bleu down the road but very content for now.

Finally some people closer to my age posted on this thread - LOL! I think it is wonderful that these 20 somethings are able to have several $4500 plus watches in their collection. I had a baby at 26 years old and spent all my $ on toys and baby clothing. Now it is my turn! But I waited a long time. It is interesting to read others opinions on Cartier vs J12. Please keep them coming and thanks so much for including your ages!

I'm a little older, in my early 40s... I have a black J12 w/emerald markers, it's a little different than most of the others out there and since I'm a May baby, it's perfect for me... I also have a Tank w/blue MOP pearl face, a very different watch than the J12 and a mid-sized RG Rolex w/diamond markers...

I think I'm pretty covered, but I do really want an RG Ballon Bleu, maybe someday!

Iam 39 and have a Cartier 2tone tank francaise, a Rolex s/s jubilee in pink dial with diamond markers, a Chopard happy sport with pink strap, a Piaget yg mini dancer and my next watch which I have been admiring for awhile which hb refuse to purchase as an anniversay & Xmas gift for me is a white J 12 plain. He finds it too trendy and insist I choose a Cartier brand vs Chanel for watches. Thinking about a ballon.....hummm

i am 27 and i prefer Chanel J12. I do like Cartier roadster but the stainless steel scratches too easily for me. I do appreciate the timeless design though.

i own white J12 w/ diamond markers and a black J12 with diamond bezel, both 33mm....i am constantly amazed at how classic and versatile the J12 is...i work in a professional enviornment and the white J12 is a surprising and understated way to make a fashion statement, with a full suit! the little peak of white ceramic under the suit sleeve is refreshing and enticing..hehe... especially in the corporate world (where i work) i am inundated with Cartiers and Rolexs...i like to stand out a bit and the ceramic doesnt scratch, which makes it wonderfully utilitarian for me! i think many fear that Chanel J12s will not last with time..but I think once you own one, you will change your mind! Xoxo

I am 24, just recently received a medium Ballon Bleu SS as a present.
I was also looking at J12 before, I am too scared that ceramics will go out of style.
Also, to me I think Cartier is more of a classic whereas J12 are more contemporary.

lumkeikei - Are you enjoying your ballon bleu and is it quartz or automatic? I'm planning on purchasing one 1st week of November. But I also worry about scratches. It will not be my everyday watch.

lumkeikei - Are you enjoying your ballon bleu and is it quartz or automatic? I'm planning on purchasing one 1st week of November. But I also worry about scratches. It will not be my everyday watch.

Mine is automatic. Still haven't really worn it out yet... scared that I might scratch it cause I am really clumsy.
It is a beautiful watch, but that I don't think I can pull it off yet. I will wear it on special occasions such as weddings and special dinners.

I recently got a Black J12 with ruby markers. I have been wearing it everyday. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about getting it scratched, and it is so pretty. I was planning to get a Cartier ballon bleu originally, but I am glad that I got the J12 instead. I think I will be skipping Cartier, and get a Rolex Date Just next. Never imagined I would actually think about getting a Rolex though. I am 42.

I am 53 and just had to have a Rolex Pearlmaster and a Patek Philippe Twenty-4, which I now have. I also recently got a white 33mm J12 with diamond markers and that is my watch of choice and I wear most daily. My poor Rolex and Patek just sit in my jewelry box:sad: