Cartiers and J12s

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. There are a lot of current watch threads lately. While there are so many lovers and collectors, I'm taking advantage of a good time to pose another question! If you don't mind telling us your age and watch preference of any Cartier vs any J12. I'll begin - I'm 46 and I lile J12s over Cartier. My favorite being the 33mm black w/diamond markers.

2. Im 28, I had both watches, roadster & j12 but I decided to let go of the roadster earlier this year. Now I have a rolex and j12. Its hard to chose, it's just personal preference. I would like a 2 tone cartier tank eventually though to add to my small collection :P
    My j12 is a 38mm white diamond marker.

3. 29, prefer most Cartiers over J12 any day.

just a personal taste thing really, I do find j12s beautiful.

4. Thanks for responses! Hope to get more as I'm stuck in with nothing but TPF today. My master bathroom is being remodeled and I like to be around when the contractors are working. I wonder if the ceramic J12s will really be a passing trend. I hope not as many people have bought some very expensive blinged out ones!

5. I own neither (I work for another watch company so i wear one of their pieces!) but if i had to choose I would say Cartier- specifically ballon bleu.

oh and i'm 25 :biggrin:

6. I'm 27 and own a 33mm white J12 w/ diamond markers (and a white gold/steel Rolex) and prefer both over most Cartier models. The ceramic watch trend may pass but I know I will wear mine regularly because I love the look.

That being said, I really like the small Ballon Bleu in rose gold and hope to add it in the next few years to round out my collection.

7. i'm 25 and i like the rose gold ballon bleu more than the j12. but apart from that, 33mm j12 with white diamond markers over any other cartier.

8. I'm 27 and I have a 33mm white J12 with diamond markers. I want to add a Cartier Ballon Blue to my collection one day, but I always knew the J12 was my favorite.

9. I am 33 - just got a cartier tank solo and in love with the ballon bleu (maybe one day..). i also have a rolex.

personally J12 doesnt do it at all but as said, preferences...

10. lara0112 - which size/color ballon bleu do you hope to have?

11. I'm 21, own two 33mm J12s and two Cartier watches (small tank francaise and ballon bleu both in S/S). I prefer my J12s since they are really easy to match, while the Cartier watches require a bit more effort.

I wouldn't let go any of them though, since my J12s have bling I prefer to wear the Cartier ones to work. I would love to add a Rolex and Chopard to my collection in the future.

12. Aylilith - Which size ballon bleu do you have?

13. in a perfect world rose-gold ... but more likely bi-coloured. I am a total fan of stainless steel but both the rolex and the tank are s/s so I think this would be boring. anyhow currently I am saving towards the love cuff in YG so all else gotta wait ;)

14. I'm 30 and I have a white 33mm J12 with diamond markers, black 33m j12 with diamond bezel, SS Cartier Roadster, SS Cartier Tank small size, and SS Cartier must 21.

My 2 favorite are the white J12 and Cartier Roadster. And honestly, I have gotten the most compliments and several friends and family running out to buy the white J12 after seeing me wear it.

My next watch purchase will be a Rolex 31mm SS/white gold with diamond markers. I have never owned a Rolex and I think its about time to add one to my collection. :graucho:

15. I'm 30 and have the Cartier Roadster. Love it. The J12 is beautiful...hoping to add it to my collection one day, but I've been lusting after a Rolex and a Patek Philippe.