Cartier x2 love bangles or a cartier tank americane yg?

Get the watch first. I have the 2 watches that I wanted, so it was an easy decision to get 2 love bracelets for my wedding anniversary last month. Like you, these 2 love bracelets will be a hand down in the future.

awlang said:
Fyi, the watch is made in stainless steel, not silver. The Love bracelets only come in WG, YG, RG, and platinum. The WG is more an the YG or RG.

Thank you for letting me know. I incorrectly wrote silver about the watch but meant stainless steel, but I didn't know about the bracelets though. Helps me understand it a bit better

glistenpearls said:
Get the watch first. I have the 2 watches that I wanted, so it was an easy decision to get 2 love bracelets for my wedding anniversary last month. Like you, these 2 love bracelets will be a hand down in the future.

Do you wear your watches often with the love bangles or do you like to only wear either a watch or love bracelets alone at any given time?

I wear my watch on the left arm and my Love on the right. Also, I personally feel naked without a watch on. Would love to get another Love to wear on my left arm, but don't know about it banging against the watch.

I honestly don't know what I'd pick in your shoes. Which one sings to you? Sometimes I try things on and it becomes instantly apparent which I prefer. Good luck with your choice!

awlang said:
I wear my watch on the left arm and my Love on the right. Also, I personally feel naked without a watch on. Would love to get another Love to wear on my left arm, but don't know about it banging against the watch.

I honestly don't know what I'd pick in your shoes. Which one sings to you? Sometimes I try things on and it becomes instantly apparent which I prefer. Good luck with your choice!

I think the bangles are something I will 100% want 1 way or another as I have 2 kids and want each to represent them and hand them down 1 each. But I love the watch for equally different reasons. Do you wear a leather or metal watch? If I could afford to just buy the yellow gold watch I want from Cartier than my problem would be solved lol. But it's the thought of weather or not I can forever love the leather straps on a watch that puzzles me :sad: unless I buy the tank solo which is cheaper than the tank Americane and hope that 1 day I can afford to splurge the $20,000+ on the watch I want. Otherwise my other option is to buy a cartier in stainless steel, but I don't know how I feel about mixing yg bangles with s/s watch. What are your thoughts?

Would you like a two toned watch? That would bring the cost way down from gold. From your posts it seems that you might be happier with the bangles. I have watches with leather and with metal bracelets and love them both. If I was only going to have one watch I would opt for a metal bracelet as they seem more neutral to me.

What about a two-tone watch plus one bracelet? Maybe get a second bracelet down the line? You could plan to get a two tone watch and both yg and wg bracelets eventually...would be stunning! FYI, I wear a ss roadster on my left arm and a wg love on my right, usually stacked with a few other bracelets. Can't wait to someday add a rg love.

I personally love watches, and you really can't beat Cartier. I think there are tons of different combinations that are gorgeous and you could get one love bracelet and maybe a slightly less expensive watch? If you have your heart set on a particular one then go for that one and don't settle. Otherwise maybe play with the combinations? Keep in mind that watches are going to be more fickle than a bracelet (eventually).

The best watch I own ATM is a yellow gold Burberry. But although I like it, it's not my dream watch :sad:
I think what's confusing me most is that the watch would purely be for me, where as my long term plan with the love bangles would be to hand down 1 each to my 2 children. Could you do the same with the watch :/ I don't know?

Your kids are so blessed. You are a wonderful mom :smile:

That's what the Trinity ring is for! To pull it all together. :smile: I wear a YG Love, and an XL Trinity on my right and a SS Ballon Bleu on my left. It was the first time I mixed metals, but now I'm totally confident with it.

I think you should try them on and see which one you love more.

ahertz said:
What about a two-tone watch plus one bracelet? Maybe get a second bracelet down the line? You could plan to get a two tone watch and both yg and wg bracelets eventually...would be stunning! FYI, I wear a ss roadster on my left arm and a wg love on my right, usually stacked with a few other bracelets. Can't wait to someday add a rg love.

It's a good idea. I should probably try the 2 tone on. I think I didn't consider this option coz i have always been told by others not to mix yg and silver tones/wg together. But I don't know why that was lol. thanks for the idea :smile:

EMMJensen said:
I personally love watches, and you really can't beat Cartier. I think there are tons of different combinations that are gorgeous and you could get one love bracelet and maybe a slightly less expensive watch? If you have your heart set on a particular one then go for that one and don't settle. Otherwise maybe play with the combinations? Keep in mind that watches are going to be more fickle than a bracelet (eventually).

I think that's what I was worried about. If I settle for less It would cost me more in the long run coz I still will prob want the original choice. I might try the 2 tone option but if I don't feel it suits my style then maybe I'll have to hold off and save up more to buy the one my heart is set on! I just hate the waiting but will be worth it I think lol