Cartier x2 love bangles or a cartier tank americane yg?

dannii

O.G.
Jul 28, 2009
My 10 year Wedding anniversary is coming up and I am conflicting about weather to get a Cartier tank americane watch with black leather strap and a yellow gold case or if to get x2 yellow gold love bangles? I do have other bangles and watches but nothing like a Cartier would be. So this will be a big purchase for me. (if I was ever to get the 1 I don't now, from the 2, it won't be for a long time) :sad: what are your thoughts?

The best watch I own ATM is a yellow gold Burberry. But although I like it, it's not my dream watch :sad:
I think what's confusing me most is that the watch would purely be for me, where as my long term plan with the love bangles would be to hand down 1 each to my 2 children. Could you do the same with the watch :/ I don't know?

as much as i love the Love Bracelets, i would get the watch first, especially since you say that you don't have your dream watch. maybe later down the road you can pick up 1 love bracelet first (see how you like it) and then get the second so you can enjoy the process of having 1 and then adding the second. i like to space out my enjoyment because it's fun to anticipate, crave, and satisfy!!!

If I bought them all in silver I could fit them all in my budget :sad: but I think doing that would be forcing myself to like silver over yellow gold. Does anyone ever mix gold or silver together or does it cheapen a look? I've always been told not to mix the 2 but I don't know why that is. My other option is to get the tank solo watch with yellow gold case and leather straps but I don't know if I'll ever be bored of the leather straps!

dannii said:
If I bought them all in silver I could fit them all in my budget :sad: but I think doing that would be forcing myself to like silver over yellow gold. Does anyone ever mix gold or silver together or does it cheapen a look? I've always been told not to mix the 2 but I don't know why that is. My other option is to get the tank solo watch with yellow gold case and leather straps but I don't know if I'll ever be bored of the leather straps!

***only coz the tank solo is 1/2 the cost of the tank americaine and I could still get the 2 bangles***

^although that seems to be a good idea, getting a watch and the bangles but if you are not fully satisfied and imo you will still be lusting and wanting the YG watch/jewelry again soon.

But I thought the YG love bracelet was cheaper than the WG one

Samia said:
^although that seems to be a good idea, getting a watch and the bangles but if you are not fully satisfied and imo you will still be lusting and wanting the YG watch/jewelry again soon.

But I thought the YG love bracelet was cheaper than the WG one

You may be right. It may be white gold that I saw not silver (so I assumed it would be cheaper) but I know the watch is definetly made in the silver which is much cheaper. Your points on my threads have been valuable. Thank you. I'm just so confused which way to go with my decision but I think I'm getting closer to a decision ;)