Cartier Trinity Ring Sizing Help

Hello,

I've been thinking about a Cartier Trinity ring, but it would be an online purchase, and I'm not sure about Cartier sizing, or how this ring fits. For those who have one, does the ring fit more snuggly, do to the thickness of the three bands? I'm normally a 6 1/2 and I'm not even sure how that would correspond to the Cartier size (yes, I did download the chart, but it wasn't that helpful.) I'm just trying to get a sense of how the ring actually fits. Thanks!

I have the Trinity in the second from smallest size (I think - each band is just under 3mm) and I wear my normal UK size N. It is a Cartier size 54. I'm not sure how this translates into US sizes but *think* it is a US 6 1/2, but I might be wrong. It fits beautifully.

I'm not sure about the larger rings but generally speaking I think you are supposed to go up a size or two if the bands are quite thick so Cartier's advice to go smaller surprises me - but I guess they would know! I have the wide version of the Tiffany 1837 ring in yellow gold and it is two sizes bigger than I normally wear and fits comfortably on the same finger that I wear my Trinity on.

Pazdzernika said:
^Interesting, is your suggestion on the sizing for the large trinity ring based on experience? The Cartier website says for the large trinity ring you have to go two sizes smaller.

The baby trinity and the classic are by personal experience but the Large one I didn't try it myself but I answered according to what my friend found most comfortable when buying hers

I didn't know that Cartier website advised two sizes smaller but they should indeed know better than my friend

I'm sure it's one of those YMMV things. Net-A-Porter usually suggests to go "half" a size up on certain shoes and I find I usually have to go 1-1.5 up even though my foot leans closer to narrow width/average length. The Cartier online guideline for the large size says "The Trinity de Cartier large model ring should usually be chosen 2 sizes smaller than the ring size defined. For example, if you have measured a 50 mm circumference (or a 15.9 mm inside diameter), you should choose a 48 Cartier ring size instead of a size 50. This characteristic does not apply to the small trinity de Cartier ring model. Please consult the Trinity de Cartier Large Model Chart ." I would copy a hyperlink but it's one of those weird popup things that won't let you. I was interested in your post because I'm thinking of getting the Trinity and may order online so I wasn't totally sure on sizing.

I'm back! i just wanted post my recent experience figuring out my trinity sizing. I found that I had to go 2 sizes smaller than my usual size for the classic (medium). I'm a 49 in the Cartier Diamond Full Eternity (Medium) band and decided on a 47 (Classic sized) Trinity ring. I also tried the 48 but it felt a little too loose. The circumference of the 46 probably would have fit my finger perfectly if my knuckle didn't get in the way! :smile: For reference, I wear a US 4.5 or 4.75 depending on the design of the ring.

Last edited:
I am thinking to get a Cartier Trinity as my everyday weddingband. I don't like to wear my Diamondring around the house , chasing after kids etc...
Question ... Do any of you wear it as a weddingband ? How does the sizing compare to a " normal" ring ?
Please share pictures of yours, I would love to see yours and how it looks on your hands.

Thank you lovely ladies :smile:

I am hoping to get the classic without diamonds. I want it to be resize able in the future, should I put on some weight, lol. Besides we can't afford the diamonds right now. It's our third wedding anniversary this year, so the 3 Rings are symbolic of that. When we got married DH was studying, so I got a simple set. Been playing around with different things, and I think I like the simplicity of the trinity while its still a bit dressy and will look appropriate in any situation. I work in the medical field and with children, so too much bling doesn't look right to me most of the time. I am not that young anymore, and not everything looks good on my hands , lol

The classic without diamonds is great too, I have had it for years and still wear it regularly. It's very versatile and it's true that it remains appropriate in any situation.

The Trinity can be resized but it is said to cost as much as the ring itself...so this ring is usually considered non resizeable.

The classic without diamonds is great too, I have had it for years and still wear it regularly. It's very versatile and it's true that it remains appropriate in any situation.

The Trinity can be resized but it is said to cost as much as the ring itself...so this ring is usually considered non resizeable.

Well, just got back from yet another trip to Cartier. I choose my trinity ring :smile:)))
I had one before but it got lost in my divorce ( wasn't a weddingband) and she was able to look up my previous size, which was perfect ! I found a really lovely SA too and she was helpful and let me try on whatever I wanted. I find a nice SA makes all the difference. Anyway put down my deposit and now DH can pick it up later this week !
Asked about resizing too, and it would cost 600 AUD for a 1600AUD Ring. Not cheap, but at least it's an option in a sentimental piece.

Congratulations for your ring and upcoming weddinig, and it's good to know that the resizing is not that expensive after all!

Enjoy your Trinity, and don't forget to post pictures once you can wear it :hugs: