Cartier silk cord bracelets

I want to get one and was thinking about wearing it 24/7 but then remembered that I put on lotion after every shower. I'm thinking that would make the cord gross if I don't take it off, and it seems like a hassle to have to take it off every time as it doesn't seem easy to get back on and adjust to the right length.

When you get used to it, it's not at all difficult to put on or remove. I like to wash mine in the shower when I wear it, and hang it on the radiator while I apply body lotion. My baby pink cord hasn't discoloured or frayed at all. When I last visited a Cartier boutique, I was given multiple cords to take away, so I now have fluorescent pink, fuchsia and lime green available whenever I fancy a change.

Reactions: arnott
It's not too difficult to get on and off although it does involve using teeth when I have done it! To be honest I just leave mine on. I have had it since last May and although I change cords whenever I am near a Cartier (my last one was Paris at the beginning of November and you can go to any boutique) I don't find leaving it on a problem. I have used hand cream, body lotion with tanning products, all sorts! I find the cord holds up very well. I currently have a fairly dark red/purple but had a lighter grey all last summer and black before that. None of them have ended up discoloured or dirty or sticky. If I'm using something that may stain it then I will try to avoid getting it on the cord where possible but it seems to get washed in the shower and so far has looked pretty much like new when changed :smile:

Yes I saw that on a youTube video and I so do not want to use my teeth to get it back on everyday! lol

I'm just worried the lotion will stick to it and become gunky. Imagine dried up lotion stuck to it! I wash my hands after I put on body lotion, maybe I can wash the cord at the same time and it will be fine?

I wear mine 24/7 as well and it holds up really well against lotion and doggie slobber. I wash it in the shower everyday, and it dries real fast. I wear mine on my left with my BB watch, no problems with scratching.

I have a baby Love on cord that I eventually purchased pre-loved and I would like to have a new cord. I’m wondering if Cartier could charge me for a new cord (or new cords [emoji16]) considering I didn’t buy the bracelet in store?

Also, which Parisian store would give cords for free?

I have a baby Love on cord that I eventually purchased pre-loved and I would like to have a new cord. I’m wondering if Cartier could charge me for a new cord (or new cords [emoji16]) considering I didn’t buy the bracelet in store?

Also, which Parisian store would give cords for free?

Don't know about Paris, but I also bought my charity bracelet preowned and have never had to pay for cords (in London & Vancouver) - I didn't always have the bracelet with me but I was still given replacement cords.

Reactions: Thejewelryblonde
Today I tried to get new cords in Printemps Haussmann in Paris (I didn’t have my bracelet with me). The SA said I had to bring the bracelet to get ONE new cord (not explicitly said but I understood it this way). So sad I couldn’t get it (I’d rather have several cords so as to change as I wish). I’ll have to go back with my bracelet.

Today I tried to get new cords in Printemps Haussmann in Paris (I didn’t have my bracelet with me). The SA said I had to bring the bracelet to get ONE new cord (not explicitly said but I understood it this way). So sad I couldn’t get it (I’d rather have several cords so as to change as I wish). I’ll have to go back with my bracelet.
I’ve noticed that it depends on the SA. Some SAs will give you extra cords. I even had one SA say that she couldn’t change the color of my cord because it is against the original design to do so. Lol. I talked to someone else who happily changed the color of my cord. Maybe try calling and asking someone else. You might receive a different response.

Reactions: Thejewelryblonde