Cartier RG Love Bracelet faded to YG??

When you actually ask to try the bracelets on, they bring them out from a drawer underneath the showcase. Most of the ones they bring out are in plastic bags with barcode stickers on the bags (not very glamorous!) but I caught a glimpse of 2 of the bags as I wanted to try on a size 16 and 17. That's how I saw that they were made in 2 different countries.

When you actually ask to try the bracelets on, they bring them out from a drawer underneath the showcase. Most of the ones they bring out are in plastic bags with barcode stickers on the bags (not very glamorous!) but I caught a glimpse of 2 of the bags as I wanted to try on a size 16 and 17. That's how I saw that they were made in 2 different countries.

Interesting! Do you remember what the other country was? Just curious. I always thought they were made in Paris. I guess that would really explain why the metals are different on these bracelets.

Oh geez.. that is disappointing that this would happen in the first place, but it's good to hear that Cartier is standing behind their product !

On a side note, has anyone seen this happen with any other rose golds from other jewellers?! :-s I'm probably going to get the Bulgari b.zero and I really hope that this isn't something that is endemic across rose golds - especially since there is no boutique in Canada!

Thanks to tPF, my friend took the advise of the people here and complained to the Cartier boutique about how the RG bracelet she bought two years ago turned to a yellow color. Cartier states that they stand by their quality. (Love it!) They exchanged her bracelet for no additional cost.

So if you feel that your RG has turned yellow, just visit your local boutique to verify this and request that they investigate the color change with their HQ in New York. Do not have this sent to their repair department. The repair department will polish the bracelet. Polishing is not recommended to be done more than two times in the lifetime of the bracelet.

Cartier was not aware that their rose gold fades to yellow. :confused1: I know that some people here have not seen any changes, but some have. For those of you that have, you may want to contact Cartier. They may be able to give you an exchange as they did for my friend.

My friend is very happy thanks to tPF. (She should seriously open up an account, but she's not too computer savvy.) And I am happy for her. :yahoo:

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up! I've been contemplating a RG but was hesitant because I have a few friends who have fading issues. Now I feel a lot better! (Though my wallet is more afraid now!) :P

Thank you for your reply!

I didn't know that. I thought they were all made in Paris. :shocked: Hopefully the new love bracelet my friend received will still have a tint of pink in it like yours years from now. Switzerland makes the finest jewelry I heard. I wonder how people can tell which country their jewelry came from.

You can usually tell by the hallmarks, each of the european countries have distinct hallmarks. Surprisingly, I have yet to see a Love bracelet with French hallmarks. I usually see them with Italian or Swiss hallmarks. The original issue love bracelets were made in the US (NY) by Cartier USA (it used to be a separate entity from the Paris and London branches).

Interesting! Do you remember what the other country was? Just curious. I always thought they were made in Paris. I guess that would really explain why the metals are different on these bracelets.

One was Switzerland for sure and the other....is something else, I keep thinking Italy for some reason. I wrote about this many months back when someone talked about the Love bracelet. Back then I actually remembered what the other country was so if you have time, feel free to search "Cartier, Switzerland" and it should come up.

I guess my bracelet still has a tiny hint of rose left, so it probably wouldn't qualify for an exchange. At a glance my bracelet just looks like yellow gold. The original rose color was so pretty when I first got it.

Since RG and YG are the same price, I can't be bothered. If RG was more expensive I'd probably complain just for the principle of having paid more!

Oh geez.. that is disappointing that this would happen in the first place, but it's good to hear that Cartier is standing behind their product !

On a side note, has anyone seen this happen with any other rose golds from other jewellers?! :-s I'm probably going to get the Bulgari b.zero and I really hope that this isn't something that is endemic across rose golds - especially since there is no boutique in Canada!
I spoke with the owner of Bandiera jewellers in yorkville about this, he say's he has yet to have a Bulgari rose gold piece come back as faded. his wife has been wearing the RG Bzero ring since it came out 2 or 3 years ago and never had a problem.

I've only had mine for a few months but I have been wearing it consistently and there's no change, still nice and rosy :biggrin:

where were you thinking of buying from? I can recommend Bandiera it was a great experience shopping there:smile:

I spoke with the owner of Bandiera jewellers in yorkville about this, he say's he has yet to have a Bulgari rose gold piece come back as faded. his wife has been wearing the RG Bzero ring since it came out 2 or 3 years ago and never had a problem.

I've only had mine for a few months but I have been wearing it consistently and there's no change, still nice and rosy :biggrin:

where were you thinking of buying from? I can recommend Bandiera it was a great experience shopping there:smile:

That's fantastic to hear ! I've got a Links of London rose gold piece and it's also stayed nice and pink even though I wear it non stop, including into the shower. When I first read this thread, I was pretty scared for my rose gold.. it just makes not so much sense since I always thought that the colour came from it being more silver in the alloys!

Thanks for the recommendation - I was actually thinking about picking it up in the Caribbean early next year.. but if my travel plans derail, at least now I have some place to shop in mind. :graucho:

That's fantastic to hear ! I've got a Links of London rose gold piece and it's also stayed nice and pink even though I wear it non stop, including into the shower. When I first read this thread, I was pretty scared for my rose gold.. it just makes not so much sense since I always thought that the colour came from it being more silver in the alloys!

Thanks for the recommendation - I was actually thinking about picking it up in the Caribbean early next year.. but if my travel plans derail, at least now I have some place to shop in mind. :graucho:
haha I was worried as well! I wear mostly rose gold or white metals so I was like oh crap...there goes $$$ of jewellery investment:P
the colour of rose gold comes from the copper alloys they put into the mix!

I've only shopped at Bandiera once when I got my Bzero...well it was technically a Bday present but I picked it out! and it was a lot of fun, even if you wanted to go just to browse they're really friendly. they had a to die for pomellato bracelet that I love....I've been staying away from the store our of temptation:P

I guess my bracelet still has a tiny hint of rose left, so it probably wouldn't qualify for an exchange. At a glance my bracelet just looks like yellow gold. The original rose color was so pretty when I first got it.

Since RG and YG are the same price, I can't be bothered. If RG was more expensive I'd probably complain just for the principle of having paid more!

I would still take it back to the store because you bought a RG, not a YG bracelet.

You can usually tell by the hallmarks, each of the european countries have distinct hallmarks. Surprisingly, I have yet to see a Love bracelet with French hallmarks. I usually see them with Italian or Swiss hallmarks. The original issue love bracelets were made in the US (NY) by Cartier USA (it used to be a separate entity from the Paris and London branches).

Thanks radio_shrink! Out of curiosity, what do the Swiss and Italian hallmarks look like?

The one I have, and the one my friend has, are both diamond-shaped like the one shown on this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Poinçon_or.JPG left ring - inside to the right.

Curiously the one on ebay is rectangular instead of the diamond-shaped hallmark. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cartier-18K...17606?pt=Designer_Jewelry&hash=item336ce288e6 fourth picture from left. Do you know where that one could be made from?