Cartier RG Love Bracelet faded to YG??

eye candy

sweet
Jul 15, 2011
Thanks to tPF, my friend took the advise of the people here and complained to the Cartier boutique about how the RG bracelet she bought two years ago turned to a yellow color. Cartier states that they stand by their quality. (Love it!) They exchanged her bracelet for no additional cost.

So if you feel that your RG has turned yellow, just visit your local boutique to verify this and request that they investigate the color change with their HQ in New York. Do not have this sent to their repair department. The repair department will polish the bracelet. Polishing is not recommended to be done more than two times in the lifetime of the bracelet.

Cartier was not aware that their rose gold fades to yellow. :confused1: I know that some people here have not seen any changes, but some have. For those of you that have, you may want to contact Cartier. They may be able to give you an exchange as they did for my friend.

My friend is very happy thanks to tPF. (She should seriously open up an account, but she's not too computer savvy.) And I am happy for her. :yahoo:

Good luck!

Reactions: Namwan-
Guess their Paris workshop will start looking into their gold quality for their rose golds. They should compared theirs with their sister company VCA. VCA has beautiful rose golds.

I have a trinity bracelet and the rose gold sure looks a lot like the yellow gold bracelet. I have had it a few years, but don't wear it that often. I did have it polished for the first time earlier this year and it did not bring back the rose color :tdown:.
I'm sure they would not give me a new bracelet since I have had it a few years.

Interesting! I had to unscrew my RG bracelet a couple of days ago and I noticed that the screwdriver was alot more reddish in color. It was quite a big difference.

You may want to go to your local boutique and have it checked. If it's yellow, then they may do an even exchange like they did for my friend. They replaced hers with the new screw system too. Just make sure the boutique contacts their NY headquarter's operations department, not their repair department. Repair does polishes and doesn't report these things to their operations department.

Hers was yellow all around.. even the screws were yellow which was odd. She told me there was a woman at the boutique with a 4 year old one. Hers was still RG in color. My friend doesn't swim, workout, or sweat. It was weird. But it's great they made the exchange.

I'm assuming the screwdriver is gold plated. I've only had my bracelet for a couple of months and its dissapointing the color would change so quickly. If the do replace it, won't the color just change again? Is the RG more expensive than YG?

I'm assuming the screwdriver is gold plated. I've only had my bracelet for a couple of months and its dissapointing the color would change so quickly. If the do replace it, won't the color just change again? Is the RG more expensive than YG?

From the other Cartier threads here and from what I heard from my friend, most of the RGs out there have not changed in color. Their RGs are not as pink as the newly polished ones from Cartier New York. Instead it settles to a copperish color as time passes by. In my friend's case, hers faded to yellow. It has no hint of copper to it after one year of wear. So when we compared my YG love bracelet with hers, it was identical. Per Cartier, their pink gold or rose gold has some percentage of copper to it which brings that "rose" color. Not sure why the copper disappeared on hers.

You may not see any fading with yours at all. But if you do, you may want to have Cartier take a look at it since they claim that they've never heard of their RGs changing to yellow and they back the quality of their product. Yay!

I have a trinity bracelet and the rose gold sure looks a lot like the yellow gold bracelet. I have had it a few years, but don't wear it that often. I did have it polished for the first time earlier this year and it did not bring back the rose color :tdown:.
I'm sure they would not give me a new bracelet since I have had it a few years.

Sorry to hear that!

Hmm..you may still want to bring it in for them to take a look at it. I saw a sales lady at one of the boutiques, and she had her trinity bracelet for 20 years!! Her rose gold is still nice and reddish in color. She never had hers polished. If I were you, I would bring it in and have your SA will work with their NY operations dept or Paris workshop to see what may have caused the color change - which is what my friend did. I think it's the way they mixed their alloys... they seem to do it differently every year.

Maybe they'll give you store credit for the amount you purchased it for if they have you on their computer and you can use that store credit towards another item. :graucho: It's worth a shot since you don't wear it often.

Is the driver real gold as well? Is this why the bracelet cost so much?

lol, i had to ask this. sorry

I think it is gold plated as well. They don't seem to care much about these screwdrivers. They gave me two when I purchased mine which I thought was odd. So I leave the extra one in the car just in case I need to take the bracelet off.

• Wow
Reactions: Namwan-
My rose gold Love ring still has a tint of pink. I purchased it and worn it everyday since December 2009. Not all Love bracelets are made in the same place, I saw some made in Switzerland and another made in another country --- I wonder if this could be causing the discrepancies?

My rose gold Love ring still has a tint of pink. I purchased it and worn it everyday since December 2009. Not all Love bracelets are made in the same place, I saw some made in Switzerland and another made in another country --- I wonder if this could be causing the discrepancies?

Thank you for your reply!

I didn't know that. I thought they were all made in Paris. :shocked: Hopefully the new love bracelet my friend received will still have a tint of pink in it like yours years from now. Switzerland makes the finest jewelry I heard. I wonder how people can tell which country their jewelry came from.