Cartier price increase thread

Kayceedee88

Mar 15, 2018
Pretty rare that a luxury item from a french brand is cheaper in Canada than in France! I wonder what else is cheaper in Canada..
I’m from Canada and nothing is cheaper here than in Europe. With the tax refund, European luxe brands are around 30% cheaper than in Canada (I.e. Gucci, Valentino etc). As for Cartier, I compared the small JUC bracelet with diamonds, and it’s only 5% cheaper in France than in Canada with the current higher EUR exchange rate.

Reactions: cartier

kim487

Jun 14, 2021
Just curious, how much is the regular love bracelet in Canada?
So the love bracelet 18k gold is 8650 CAD$ (with taxes:9082 CAD$ in Alberta and 9955CAD$ in Quebec - other provinces are somewhere between those two amounts but closer to Quebec).
Cartier France is 7450 euros but if you detax can be 10% cheaper. But then you have to declare in your own country not sure where you’re from.
Cartier USA has it for 6900 usd (taxes 7512 in NY I believe but no taxes in some states!!!)

As of today, if they were all in USD and I choose Quebec taxes because this is where I’m from and the most expensive one in Canada:
Canada:7421 USD
France: 8062 USD (7255 USD assuming you get 10% back from VAT)
USA: 6900 USD + whatever your sales tax is

Reactions: playingwithbags
So the love bracelet 18k gold is 8650 CAD$ (with taxes: CAD$ in Alberta and CAD$ in Quebec - other provinces are somewhere between those two amounts but closer to Quebec).
Cartier France is 7450 euros but if you detax can be 10% cheaper. But then you have to declare in your own country not sure where you’re from.
Cartier USA has it for 6900 usd (taxes 7512 in NY I believe but no taxes in some states!!!)

As of today, if they were all in USD and I choose Quebec taxes because this is where I’m from and the most expensive one in Canada:
Canada:
France: 8062 USD (7255 USD assuming you get 10% back from VAT)
USA: 6900 USD + whatever your sales tax is

The Canadian site shows the regular love bracelet priced at $8,650 as of today.

kim487

Jun 14, 2021
The Canadian site shows the regular love bracelet priced at $8,650 as of today.
Yea realized too late!! Fixed it :smile:
I’m from Canada and nothing is cheaper here than in Europe. With the tax refund, European luxe brands are around 30% cheaper than in Canada (I.e. Gucci, Valentino etc). As for Cartier, I compared the small JUC bracelet with diamonds, and it’s only 5% cheaper in France than in Canada with the current higher EUR exchange rate.
I agree, usually everything is cheaper in Europe than here. Cartier just did their price adjustment at a moment when the euro was low. I’d be surprised if we don’t go back to Cartier Europe being (way) cheaper at the next hike.

Reactions: kmm88