Cartier price increase thread *please include your location*

Oh dear, I did say that it was "horrible" in an earlier post. I think what I meant to say was that it wasn't a pleasant news to hear when you're someone planning on making a purchase in the middle of the year.

An increase in wage and increase in prices, depending on whose perspective you're viewing it from, both can either be a positive or negative thing (boss vs employee; owner of business vs consumers).

For lay consumers, a price increase is generally something we will usually whine about. Of course understanding that you're a major stockholder in the company, you'd wish for the company to resume making profits pre-COVID, and that is understandable.

I think it just depends on which pair of lenses you're viewing this price increase from.- a normal consumer, or a person who has interests tied to the profit and loss of the company.

But yes, i think we all understand why an increase in price is needed, given that the gold prices skyrocketed in 2020 due to COVID19. It was interesting to hear your point of view! Good to remember there is a diverse backgrounds of people on this forum! :hugs:
Gold has been going down.

btw. Just calculated the rhodination costs as I was wondering a bit why the rhodinated items have not been subject to the latest Cartier price increase. Rhodium is now @ a stunning 21k USD per ounce up from below 1000. Yes, this is more than 10 times the price of gold. :nuts: Still at this level it comes down to only about 70 USD for a Love bracelet if I did the math right.

If people wanted to buy actual gold or gems they would not go to a jewelry brand like Cartier, just like Alhambra fans didn’t buy them bc the materials are “precious” - we all know they are not. We buy jewelries for their designs, brand names and/or the histories behind. Opinions from different perspectives are always welcomed bc that’s how we learn. Simply put, due to different backgrounds and conflicts of interest, certain opinions may seem hard to understand to one group of people but not to another. In the end, it’s the company’s decision to sell and the consumer’s decision to buy.