Cartier OR Tiffany Diamond Ring???

Cartier or Tiffany engagement ring based on name alone

• Tiffany

• Cartier

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

luxuryhabits

Feb 25, 2018
Just a question for all you girls out there - if you had the choice between a Tiffany Setting diamond ring or Cartier 1895 solitaire ring, which would you choose based purely on brand name? I'm inclined to say Cartier is more prestigious overall, but I know that Tiffany is highly coveted and desired by many, especially younger girls.

Some context: I'm in the process of choosing a ring for myself and narrowed it down to a Cartier and Tiffany (both on hold for me); I am more inclined towards the Tiffany (larger carat size and higher clarity at a similar price, although lower colour) but the only thing holding me back is the Cartier name. Help please!

Just a question for all you girls out there - if you had the choice between a Tiffany Setting diamond ring or Cartier 1895 solitaire ring, which would you choose based purely on brand name? I'm inclined to say Cartier is more prestigious overall, but I know that Tiffany is highly coveted and desired by many, especially younger girls.

Some context: I'm in the process of choosing a ring for myself and narrowed it down to a Cartier and Tiffany (both on hold for me); I am more inclined towards the Tiffany (larger carat size and higher clarity at a similar price, although lower colour) but the only thing holding me back is the Cartier name. Help please!
You really can't go wrong with either but engagement rings are certainly one of Tiffany's specialties. I've always been told that one should go for the best quality diamond one can afford so if the Tiffany stone is better [even if only slightly] for the same cost I would say to go for T&Co.

I vote for neither. Take the money you would put towards the brand name, which no one is going to know/see when you're wearing the ring, and get a bigger/better diamond. The solitaire is all about the diamond. It will make much more of an impression.
Ditto. If you like the look there are plenty of excellent 6 prong settings out there and huge savings to put towards the diamond

Reactions: googlewhack
Tiffany for sure. Unless you buy high-jewelry, Cartier is mostly known for their Love and Trinity line. Tiffany is known for their diamond rings and the Tiffany setting is often copied, but never truly duplicated.

I also think the Tiffany setting really makes a diamond sparkle.

I would definitely vote neither. With both Cartier and Tiffany you are paying so much for the brand name (unnecessarily imo) - no one is ever going to know which box it came in. Get a bigger, better solitaire (Tiffany for example, certifies its diamonds in-house, which I don't personally like, I believe in getting a GIA certificate for your solitaire! Also, they tend to focus on some things, like clarity which just aren't THAT important - you don't need VVS 1/2, VS 1/2 is almost always eye-clean, so is SI 1, and it just adds an unnecessary premium to the stone) with the leftover budget, or put some of the money you'll save towards some other jewellery!

Reactions: MyAwesomeFinds
We did a lot of research before picking the ring. Nothing came close to Tiffanys ...tried the blue nile and other non branded online sites and local jewelers. I picked Tiffany over Cartier, I like Cartier for solid gold pieces. I have a wonderful Cartier SA/friend who suggested to stick with Tiffany for solitaire.

Reactions: LizO...